Reboot

This is a discussion on Reboot within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Mine hasn't rebooted once. Hopefully it's not a common issue....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reboot

Mine hasn't rebooted once. Hopefully it's not a common issue.

This has happened to me once and thought it was just a fluke until I realized that a lot of people seem to be having the same prob. I haven't used the camera enough for that to bother me, but one thing that drives me nuts about it is the lag to get it started, sometimes I have to press that button twice!!

Quote Originally Posted by batmania15 View Post
    I called AT&T last night. They said there was something on there end screwy sim card wise. So they took the serial number of the sim card, made me turn off the phone and pull battery, they put me on hold did some stuff on there end and had me power the phone back up.

Since then the phone has not dropped a call. (knock on wood) So i'm not sure if it was truly something with the SIM card and they fixed it remotely or if they were blowing smoke just to get me off the phone. I guess we'll see.
    Any updates?

I have had every problem so far, random reboots, bad call quality, slow phone in general, and other things i cant think of. So I may try to return this to AT&T for another one in hopes of resolving the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by TechN9ne1730 View Post
    Any updates?

I have had every problem so far, random reboots, bad call quality, slow phone in general, and other things i cant think of. So I may try to return this to AT&T for another one in hopes of resolving the issues.
    Well I know I for one called tech support yesterday and they told me to try my new SIM card in my old phone to see if the bad call quality is a result of the card, I put it in my old phone and it sounds fine, so it's not the card, but the Backflip.

The next thing was to do a factory reset on the phone, I'll do that today. Wanted to make sure my new photos are indeed on the SD card and not the handset first...

Let us know how it goes. I did the hard reset the other night, and then topped it off with a factory reset last night because I had problems installing a few backed up apps via droid explorer. No problems so far..

I think every one should do a factory reset when they get the phone. I have noticed that when you do this, the phone doesnt start up with the same widgets and such that come when you first get it from the store. Seems like the phone was sold in some sort of demo mode to me that disables when you do a factory reset.

There have been some reboot problems that seem to be related to the SD card. I have not experienced these issues but I also have an 8gb class 6 card instead of the 2gb class 2 that comes with it.

Quote Originally Posted by NaplesBill View Post
    There have been some reboot problems that seem to be related to the SD card. I have not experienced these issues but I also have an 8gb class 6 card instead of the 2gb class 2 that comes with it.
    I'm not using the SD card that came with the phone, I'm using my old one, it's still 2gb though, but Kingston... Didn't even know there were classes!!

Quote Originally Posted by TechN9ne1730 View Post
    Let us know how it goes. I did the hard reset the other night, and then topped it off with a factory reset last night because I had problems installing a few backed up apps via droid explorer. No problems so far..

I think every one should do a factory reset when they get the phone. I have noticed that when you do this, the phone doesnt start up with the same widgets and such that come when you first get it from the store. Seems like the phone was sold in some sort of demo mode to me that disables when you do a factory reset.
    Did the reset, my husband says it sounds better, but still not like my LG Shine. I'll see over the weekend and if anything, exchange it next week.

Still having the screen orientation prob even after the reset, but I've heard that that feature is temperamental on a lot of other brand cell phones as well.

Mine reboots about twice a day. Two days ago it rebooted twice in a row, both times using the keyboard to search the app store. Yesterday it rebooted twice in a row while trying to send a text, again, using the keyboard. Today it rebooted right after I unplugged it from the charger, and I've been getting an error msg lately that 'home' needs to force close.

My Backflip rebooted several times a day. I brought it back to an AT&T store and got a new one, which is free of the problem.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links