Pixelation

This is a discussion on Pixelation within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; I've seen this problem on the demo phone at the AT&T store. My phones ok though. I hope this problem doesnt crop up later on ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pixelation

I've seen this problem on the demo phone at the AT&T store. My phones ok though. I hope this problem doesnt crop up later on me though.

Ha, so I exchanged my phone today for a new one and while I didn't have that pixelation prob on the last one, I have it with this one! I just noticed it!

Quote Originally Posted by montREALady View Post
    Ha, so I exchanged my phone today for a new one and while I didn't have that pixelation prob on the last one, I have it with this one! I just noticed it!
    I talked to Moto and there is a software fix in the works for the pixal issue.

Quote Originally Posted by waltah! View Post
    I talked to Moto and there is a software fix in the works for the pixal issue.
    I just went in and exchanged the phone, didn't want to take the chance...I mean I even asked AT&T tech support and they said the problem I was experiencing, a software update most likely won't fix it.

I think I categorized it wrong in this forum, I misundersood, it wasn't a pixelation issue, it sort of looked like static on the phone (like a tv), where when the image was light, there were these black dots, when the image was dark, the dots were white. Sometimes they were bright dots and as you scrolled, it sort of streaked across the screen. It wasn't continuous, but between Tuesday when I got phone # 2 and Thursday when I returned it, it happened 3 times, which was too much for me.

With the exception of maybe a few, AT&T reps dont know ****. There computers arent even set up to give there employees walk throughs of windows 7 for trouble shooting on the internet side. Then they wanted a $100 from me to tell me I had set up a static IP. Which I forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by TechN9ne1730 View Post
    With the exception of maybe a few, AT&T reps dont know ****. There computers arent even set up to give there employees walk throughs of windows 7 for trouble shooting on the internet side. Then they wanted a $100 from me to tell me I had set up a static IP. Which I forgot.
    Boy do I know that, but still, I was within my 30 days and didn't want to take the chance.

Just wanted to add a +1 to the static on the screen issue. It only come every now and then. Goes away when I hit the lock button, and then unlock.

The same problem with pixelization with my device as well.

As an international owner I have very less options how to resolve it. AT&T has realeased an exclusive software update for its customers only and there is NO way (at least I could find it) for all others to do anything with this issue but to send it to Motorola's service center for software reflash (just talked to Motorola support service). Reflash can be done at their service centers only, so from the one side - it's a good news that the problem is not with the hardware and from the other side - there's nothing to do but to get the device to the Motorola's service center if you are not AT&T customer. AT&T customers can get and install software updates directly from their Backflip devices on the fly (settings > about phone > update)

If anyone with AT&T subscription would share that update with community, then I'm sure, many of us who are subscribed to another cell providers will be more than just a happy.

Hope, this info could help anyone to resolve the problem.

(sorry for my english)

I also had this problem. Started another thread last week called "White Static" because I didn't think to call it pixelization. Usually seemed to happen for me after running robo defense or watching a lot of youtube vids. It would persist until I rebooted or left the phone locked for more than an hour. Wasn't sure if I wanted to return it or not, then my charger made up my mind for me. Amazon sent me a new one with same firmware and no differences other than imei. Works great and I like the way this keyboard feels more than the old one.
    Don't speak to me of the crunch. You know nothing of the crunch.
    You've never even been to the crunch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links