Hard Reset

This is a discussion on Hard Reset within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Hey Guys, Just got done talking with AT&T rep. If you are experiencing any issues a power off / power on may not fix your ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hard Reset

Hard Reset

Hey Guys,

Just got done talking with AT&T rep. If you are experiencing any issues a power off / power on may not fix your issue. You have to do a Hard Reset. To do this you just have to pull out the battery for about 1 min then reinsert and power up phone.

Anyone that's ever had a blackberry will no about this. Have fun!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Thanks! I'll give a shot and see how it goes.

Well, I've tried that. It was okay for a while, but then it started automatically rebooting itself again. Also, it seems that the battery is draining pretty fast. I have even changed the settings for the battery profile to "smart mode" and it is still going down just as fast. Is anyone else having this problem?

Have you installed any 3rd party apps? These could be running in the background or could cause issues with your phone.

I also installed a app called automatic task killer which will stop any app that you wish from working in the background when phone is locked.

Also make sure you disable gps while not using it. You can do this by holding down the power button till you get the options and uncheck gps, just make sure you enable it when ready to use it. The gps will drain your battery when turned on and your not even using it.

Well, I exchanged my phone last night after talking to the sales rep AND to customer service on the phone. By the time I got home, my battery power was down to 15% (considering it should have at least 50% brand new)... When I was going to bed it was down to 5% or so and I plugged it into the wall and it would not pick up the charge. I tried the laptop, it worked... so I left the laptop open and on (so it wouldn't go into sleep mode) and let it charge from there, it seemed to be doing well.

I woke up around 4 in the morning and checked it and it had died... stopped charging and died. I tried to rehook it and nothing. Let's just say I've been awake since 4am because it has been bothering me and made me so mad/upset. As soon as I got to work I hooked it up and it is now charging again. It's so weird! Hopefully, it just needs one really good charge to get it going. We'll see how the day goes, before I take it back and sadly pick up the Samsung Impression.

Right now I'm limping by with my LG Shine :eek: *crosses fingers* let's hope it works after the charge!!

Quote Originally Posted by Malak04 View Post
    Well, I exchanged my phone last night after talking to the sales rep AND to customer service on the phone. By the time I got home, my battery power was down to 15% (considering it should have at least 50% brand new)... When I was going to bed it was down to 5% or so and I plugged it into the wall and it would not pick up the charge. I tried the laptop, it worked... so I left the laptop open and on (so it wouldn't go into sleep mode) and let it charge from there, it seemed to be doing well.

I woke up around 4 in the morning and checked it and it had died... stopped charging and died. I tried to rehook it and nothing. Let's just say I've been awake since 4am because it has been bothering me and made me so mad/upset. As soon as I got to work I hooked it up and it is now charging again. It's so weird! Hopefully, it just needs one really good charge to get it going. We'll see how the day goes, before I take it back and sadly pick up the Samsung Impression.

Right now I'm limping by with my LG Shine :eek: *crosses fingers* let's hope it works after the charge!!
    Keep us updated on this one, hope it starts working fine.

Will do! Last I checked it - it was charged to 85% so it look as if it's doing good. :D

Well, it's holding up great. Absolutely NO issues right now. I've been playing around with it some, opening up apps and checking out the market; downloading and such... it's not rebooted or shut down an app yet.

It's been off the charger for about and hour and I've not been consistently playing around with it for the hour - but for about 30 min maybe and the battery power is at 85% (battery profile: safe mode; gps, wi-fi, any other signals: turned off; background data: disabled when not using). So I'm not really sure if that is a good gauge or not, that does kind of scare me.

Quote Originally Posted by Malak04 View Post
    Well, it's holding up great. Absolutely NO issues right now. I've been playing around with it some, opening up apps and checking out the market; downloading and such... it's not rebooted or shut down an app yet.

It's been off the charger for about and hour and I've not been consistently playing around with it for the hour - but for about 30 min maybe and the battery power is at 85% (battery profile: safe mode; gps, wi-fi, any other signals: turned off; background data: disabled when not using). So I'm not really sure if that is a good gauge or not, that does kind of scare me.
    That's great new so far. I would gauge it the way you have it set up. Then do a full charge and turn everything on and get a gauge of that setting. This way you can compare and contrast. The more data usage you incur the more it will drain the battery.

Also download automatic task killer. This will kill un necessary tasks running when the device is locked to help with battery.

I downloaded the Automatic Task Killer. I, also, figured out why I couldn't get it to charge the other night. I had the green light on almost all day (again), kinda like something is plugged in (but really it's not). Well I try to plug it in and charge and it doesn't pick up anything. I shut it off and it charges. Which, this way kind of defeats the purpose of having an alarm clock, when I charge it at night.

But!!! Today it looks like it's holding up better, the green light is not on (as of right now), it has been powered on since 6am (9:45 now) and it still says 100% battery. I do still have all the signals and everything turned off, so I can do a complete gauge of it. Also, to see if that little green light comes back on and to see if I can figure out if something causes that light to come on. After the next charge I will turn everything back on and see how it goes from there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links