Reduce microphone sensitivity?

This is a discussion on Reduce microphone sensitivity? within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Does anyone know of a way to reduce microphone sensitivity on the Backflip. I was having a great deal of trouble with the voice dial ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reduce microphone sensitivity?

Reduce microphone sensitivity?

Does anyone know of a way to reduce microphone sensitivity on the Backflip. I was having a great deal of trouble with the voice dial on the Backflip UNTIL I spoke very softly in a quite area. Also, people have been complaining about excessive background noise while I'm talking on the phone. I would like to be able to reduce the microphone sensitivity... Any takers?

gwalborn

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The only thing that I would be able to reccomend is turning the volume down. Thats what i did and the people i talk to say its gotten a little better.

Do you mean "turn down the receive volume"?

gwalborn

Yes, thats the only thing i could think to do and so far i havent had many complaints about background noise

I always thought that volume control, when you're on a call, is to control what you hear and not the recipient?

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    The mic is very sensitive. I had mad a call earlier and was on hold and the mic was so sensitive I could hear the paper actually rustling through the phone. And I was barely even rustling the paper.

Gwalborn, posting your email address in open on forums is not a good idea unless you want to be spammed. Spam bots are just waiting for some one to post there email to harvest and pass along.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    The mic is very sensitive. I had mad a call earlier and was on hold and the mic was so sensitive I could hear the paper actually rustling through the phone. And I was barely even rustling the paper.
    Not good, that means it picks up background noise...even when there isn't any!! I live in New York City (Noise Central) and make most of my phone calls outside during my lunch break!!

Turn on the HAC MODE SETTINGS... IT reduces mic sensitivity. Turn it off when using your music player though, because it also decrreases loud speaker output... you can find this in call settings...

WOW! Thanks! Turning HAC on seems to help considerably. Voice dialing is now almost perfect and people I talk to on the phone are reporting better call quality. Again, thank you very much. This is great info.

gwalborn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links