Horrible phone lag

This is a discussion on Horrible phone lag within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; im not sure whats going on but my phone lags horrible.... you start txting a txt and by the time im done the phone hasnt ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horrible phone lag

Horrible phone lag

im not sure whats going on but my phone lags horrible.... you start txting a txt and by the time im done the phone hasnt even started to show the 1st word i typed.. then you wait a few seconds and it starts showing what i said.. anyone have any idea how to fix this

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Do you have a task killer running, how many apps have you downloaded, try turning the phone off and back on.

Mine hasn't been laggy at all, but I use Taskiller pretty frequently to keep it running smooth. It's amazing how many things run in the background to suck all of your memory away in Android.

i dont have task killer but im downloading it now... i keep getting a motoblur error when it lags... .. ill let you know if task killer works

well i installed task killer... killed all the tasks... rebooted the phone.. still lags... this is crazy.. i hope i can figure it out.... because i might have to go back to iphone!

I seriously would suggest doing a factory reset without the sd card installed.

A friend at work got one a few days after me and he was getting bad lag and when he used it as a usb drive it would corrupt files sometimes. I took a look at it while we were slow today. Backed everything up (blur+astro ftw) on a know good card/cloud. And did the factory reset. After blur was setup and apps restored I formatted his sd(while he was playing around with the phone). Everything was straightened out for him. His phone is just as snappy as mine now.

Some the apps backed up had to be forced on via adb(didn't have droid explorer on the work comps) but all in all it took about 30 mins to do and he loves his phone again.

I would also suggest a factory reset.

Quote Originally Posted by blown89gg View Post
    well i installed task killer... killed all the tasks... rebooted the phone.. still lags... this is crazy.. i hope i can figure it out.... because i might have to go back to iphone!
    Just because you killed all the tasks once and reboot the phone, doesn't mean the tasks you killed didn't come back.

Didn't know if you knew that or not, just saying.

Keep killing tasks throughout the day. I got Advanced Task Manager, and I find it to be the best one so far.

Good Luck!

how do i back my phone up to blur?

blur will back up contacts and social network account info as well as your default app layout, with default settings it should do it on its own when you sign back in.

as far as 3rd party apps, you will need to back those up(purchased ones can be redownloaded) or just download again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links