WiFi bug

This is a discussion on WiFi bug within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; my wifi won't stay connected. It will connect occasionally and drops for no reason that I can understand. I can be sitting right next to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WiFi bug

WiFi bug

my wifi won't stay connected. It will connect occasionally and drops for no reason that I can understand. I can be sitting right next to the wireless N router and get a "failure to Connect" message. I'll try 10 times to connect and get the same. Frustrated, I'll put the phone in sleep and go back to it later and the wifi will be connected! What's happening?:confused:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Do you have anything else connected to the router that is working ok? Have you tried resetting the router just for giggles?

I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

yes, my iphone is connected and playing smooth Jazz as I type, and my Yamaha Clavinova connects to it flawlessly as well as my laptop. I reset the router yesterday and rebooted the phone as someone on youtube suggested but no luck.

Have you downloaded any applications for this phone of marketplace or through adp method and if so what apps did you download?

yes, stocks, iskoot, iheart radio, tv guide, waze, Opera mini (love it!)and facebook for Android.
    I just did another reset and it seemed to work. It connected and stayed connected for about an hour and then the house phone rang, (skype thru a zoom voip adapter which runs a dect 6.0 cordless phone and is all run thru a D-Link N wireless router) and after the house call I noticed the wifi was off on the backflip and it's back to the same old problem, "unsuccessful" error message when trying to connect. UGH! Thanks, BTW

Update:

I just did another reset of the backflip and before I install any apps I tried to connect to my wifi and it won't connect at all now. Hmmm.....maybe I should run up to McDonalds and try there :-)))

well, after 10 minutes of trying, it finally connected. I don't know why...

There's a logger app in the market which generates a log file. That may provide more insight.

And just a theory but I have read wifi uses more battery then 3G. Perhaps the wifi auto disconects after some time to conserve battery. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by TechN9ne1730 View Post
    There's a logger app in the market which generates a log file. That may provide more insight.

And just a theory but I have read wifi uses more battery then 3G. Perhaps the wifi auto disconects after some time to conserve battery. Just a thought.
    This is a good point Tech. What setting is the battery on, Performance or power save. Could be possible that if it's on power save that when the phone goes on standby or lock it kicks you off the wifi connection.

I would also try downloading this in marketplace:

WiFi Buddy - detailed WiFi information and settings

Also make sure you check your security settings and Mac filtering on your router to be safe as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links