Stuck on Boot Screen

This is a discussion on Stuck on Boot Screen within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Originally Posted by TechN9ne1730 I finally got it. It just takes about an hour and i wasnt giving it enough time. Glad you got it ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stuck on Boot Screen

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechN9ne1730 View Post
    I finally got it. It just takes about an hour and i wasnt giving it enough time.
    Glad you got it fixed.

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    Not to be rude, but did you even read the thread before you replied?

I tried to do a wipe via motoblur but it was unsuccessful.
    Nope, I responded to the first thread posted and posted my comment TRYING to be helpful.

But glad you got it working again. That would of sucked and would of sucked if you tried to take it back and they said some BS about you voiding the the warranty or something.

Damn a whole hour though?

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Nope, I responded to the first thread posted and posted my comment TRYING to be helpful.

But glad you got it working again. That would of sucked and would of sucked if you tried to take it back and they said some BS about you voiding the the warranty or something.

Damn a whole hour though?
    Well its best to actually read the whole thread first, other wise your wasting your time and effort.

Yes about an hour. I tried it several times and let it go for about 45 min and just sat at the triangle screen. I tried it one last time. Checked the phone. Still on the triangle screen! I was about to get back up and check the forums for an answer when I checked again and it had proceeded to a new screen with 3 options. So should you ever have to invoke this processes, just be patient and let the phone do it's thing. Eventually it will get past the triangle screen.

Note that by doing the remote wipe via motoblur, it says the processes can take up to an hour.

My phone is stick on the moto blur screen when it first come on. The it keeps rebooting, I tried to do a reset but it's not work.
    FOLLOW ME ON
    http://twitter.com/dchandler326
    If you have any questions my email is dchandler@backflipforums.com

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    TechN9ne1730,

Some questions about the reset you did.

You said you pressed the down volume key and it read it as the up volume. Did the down volume key (closest to the usb port) work?

Reading the directions it says press alt L and then alt W. Are these simultaneous key presses (alt and L at the same time) or do you press Alt then L?

Did your phone just sit at the triangle screen with no indication that it was doing anything until it restarted by itself?

Quote Originally Posted by dchandler View Post
    My phone is stick on the moto blur screen when it first come on. The it keeps rebooting, I tried to do a reset but it's not work.
    Ok then the factory reset i suggested wont befit you if you cant get in the phone. In that case you would have to do what I did here. Ill try to explain a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    TechN9ne1730
    First, call me Tech.

You said you pressed the down volume key and it read it as the up volume. Did the down volume key (closest to the usb port) work?
    Yes it did, I think theres just a glitch here on motos part. Acording to the screen, UP is Verbose Boot or Verbose Mode. Forget exactly. The screen says Down is Recovery Mode. So when I hite down, the screen says I pushed up.

For the sake of trying, I did try up as well, and up brought me to a blue screen. I forgot the exact wording of the screen. I do recall it said Quick Boot was off. I suppose this explains why the phone takes ages to boot up, atleast in my case. Its like waiting for an old P4 to start.

So the guide IS correct, it just seems moto has the names of the 2 keys ass backwards.

Reading the directions it says press alt L and then alt W. Are these simultaneous key presses (alt and L at the same time) or do you press Alt then L?
    I tried both options numerous times. I cant recall which one I did in the end but I think I hit Alt, then hit L, then hit Alt and then hit W.

Did your phone just sit at the triangle screen with no indication that it was doing anything until it restarted by itself?
    For the most part..Now heres where it gets tricky(well not really just according to the directions moto gives). Yes it did sit on the triangle screen for roughly an hour. I didnt time it out but I would say 45 minuets at the least. The screen will not flash, flicker,or move in the slightest. Its simply a pic of a triangle and a phone. However, once the phone is done, THEN your taken to a new screen. Your presented with three options. Now I was to concerned with getting my phone working to document everything word for word, but one of the three options each with a keyboard shortcut. I dont recall the exact wording of each, but if memory serves me right, one option was linked to ALT+W. This option was something like format and restart, if memory serves me right.

For the sake of testing, I did try, just now, to hold the camera button to see the options it gave me. Look like I have to do a hard reset AGAIN as my phone has spent 5 minuets on the Moto screen. So this time I will document the entire process very closely in hopes this can be of some use for rooting, or just for others who are forced to do this..

Then I will probably return this damn thing for another backflip.

Power up while holding Camera button. Screen says release camaera button and were off:

USB FastBoot V0.5

========Bootloader Menu===========
    10 seconds to select an option
    Volume Up Key ->Verbose Boot
    Volume Down Key ->Recovery Mode

Now heres the Verbose Boot results
    USB Fastboot V0.5
    Machine ID: Motous 0aa* (I replaced the last digit with a * for security purposes, just to be safe..)
    Build Date Feb 2 2010, 19:58:37

Serial Number: Removed for possible Security Reasons

** Security on, fastboot disabled **

Now for recovery mode, hold Down until prompted with Triangle screen. Hit ALT, then L, then I hit Alt, Then W. Started at about 12:58 AM March 25 , 2010. After just short of 2 hours, I gave up. I think it has to be ALT and L simultaneously. Attempting this method now.

Ok Now I tried the simultaneous method as well as holding ALT, and hitting L and W. 2 hours attempt at simultaneous and 1 hour attempt at the other method. This is starting to piss me off.

I tried with the keyboard open from the start, so maybe thats my problem. :s

2 hours latter, still no luck! Im severely pissed at Motos lack of detail on this issue.

Ok Now I tried the simultaneous method as well as holding ALT, and hitting L and W. 2 hours attempt at simultaneous and 1 hour attempt at the other method. This is starting to piss me off.

I tried with the keyboard open from the start, so maybe thats my problem. :s

2 hours latter, still no luck! Im severely pissed at Motos lack of detail on this issue.
    I have tried every way possible but still not working
    FOLLOW ME ON
    http://twitter.com/dchandler326
    If you have any questions my email is dchandler@backflipforums.com

Once I get some battery life back in my phone, im going to chat up moto on the issue. I'll relay any important info I find out.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links