Stuck on Boot Screen

This is a discussion on Stuck on Boot Screen within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; My backflip is stuck on the boot screen. Last thing i did was install a non-market app.I tried removing the battery and the sim card ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuck on Boot Screen

Stuck on Boot Screen

My backflip is stuck on the boot screen. Last thing i did was install a non-market app.I tried removing the battery and the sim card and had no luck. Any ideas?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Did you try yanking the battery during boot?

Bah you edited

when it get stuck can you get haptic feedback from the home/menu/back keys? If so the phone appears to be mostly booted. Check and see if your pc. Recognizes it. I've not done it personally but adb can uninstall apks.

If that doesn't work you could see if it is sending data out to blur and do a remote wipe to get it back up.

Whats haptic feedback? It does vibrate when i hit the touch screen keys on the front.

PC does recognize phone it in dorid explorer.

I cant find the package to uninstall. Im not sure if thats the problem. The phone was fine for a few after I installed. Then all the sudden the screen locked up. I figured no big deal, just reboot, and been stuck on the reboot since.

I tried the remote wip via motoblur but how do i know if its working?

Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth_attdroids's Avatar
    Maybe also you can use motoblur from the PC to see if it's will locate your phone and maybe do a remote swipe of the phone?

Iono. Good luck though

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Maybe also you can use motoblur from the PC to see if it's will locate your phone and maybe do a remote swipe of the phone?

Iono. Good luck though
    Not to be rude, but did you even read the thread before you replied?

I tried to do a wipe via motoblur but it was unsuccessful.

I prolly spelled it wrong, im good at that.

Anyway, does the program you added start on boot? Im guessing so, unless other changes were made beforehand.

You will need to remove that app to boot I bet. Could try and see if it will actually go into recovery mode for you. Power the phone off and hold the camera button while powering up. It will ask you to release the camera button, then ask which mode you want to enter. Try recovery, it is suppose to put the factory image back on. I dont know if it will work though.

Spooky it was a game, so it shouldnt have changed the boot record in anyway unless there was a virus and then Lookout should have caught it I would think.

Im trying recovery mode, but cant get past the triangle screen. Acording to Moto, I am supposed to:

1. Open keyboard and press Alt L keys, then press Alt W keys.
    2. Wait for device to reboot

but I gave it over half an hour at the triangle screen and it hasnt rebooted. Trying to get more clear instructions at the moto forums because the screen says down arrow is up.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechN9ne1730 View Post
    My backflip is stuck on the boot screen. Last thing i did was install a non-market app.I tried removing the battery and the sim card and had no luck. Any ideas?
    Does this procedure work?

It is for users who can't get past the security lock. Don't know if it will help or not.

If
    you get the phone restarted with this you can probably use the existing MotoBlur account.

Edit: Hey you posted while I was looking for the link.

Since you can see the phone in Droid Explorer can you uninstall your app with that?

Marvin im trying that procedure, but as outlined above, im stuck on the "Alt L and Alt W" part.

I cant uninstall the game. Droid Explorer just sits there and says its uninstalling but never does anything.

I finally got it. It just takes about an hour and i wasnt giving it enough time.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links