Screen Orientation Issues

This is a discussion on Screen Orientation Issues within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Too often am I turning the phone in a new direction and the screen is staying in the previous one. Other times it would turn ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screen Orientation Issues

Screen Orientation Issues

Too often am I turning the phone in a new direction and the screen is staying in the previous one. Other times it would turn right away (with a slighhhhht delay). It seems to be temperamental. Anyone else having this prob?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

yes I am also having the same problem the first two days I had the phone there were no issues with the screen orientation and suddenly since yesterday it is not rotating even with the option checked unless I open the keyboard then the screen will switch. pulled battery multiple times and it doesnt fix it

Just to let you guys know the home screen WILL NOT ROTATE when the phone is closed. The option you are checking in settings is APP specific. So MOST apps will rotate when the phone is folded but NOT the homescreen.

Hope that helps.

I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

that does help. for some reason I could have sworn it had rotated before with it closed, but maybe I was imaging it, lol. thx!

I personally am glad that it stays portrait when the phone is closed. I find it aggravating when the home screen rotates at a slight turn of the phone.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    The only time the home screen rotates with the standard home app is when the keyboard is open. The home screen does not rotate when you turn the phone to landscape, unless you open the keyboard.

Most other replacement home apps (dxTop, PandaHome, Open Home) DO rotate the home screen (if you turn on that setting).

Quote Originally Posted by batmania15 View Post
    Just to let you guys know the home screen WILL NOT ROTATE when the phone is closed. The option you are checking in settings is APP specific. So MOST apps will rotate when the phone is folded but NOT the homescreen.

Hope that helps.
    '

Yes, I know the home screen won't...unless you open the keyboard. Thanks!

It would happen to me when I was trying to reply to a text or FB message. Not until I open the keyboard would it rotate.

I hope everyone knows that beside as it was mentioned that the screen will not rotate with the keyboard open, that you have to go to Settings>Display & Security and make sure that Orientation is checked for the screen to rotate with the accelerometer.

I noticed that some apps were written to not rotate at all, and only run in portrait mode, regardless of how the phone is held or if the keyboard is open or not.

Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I hope everyone knows that beside as it was mentioned that the screen will not rotate with the keyboard open, that you have to go to Settings>Display & Security and make sure that Orientation is checked for the screen to rotate with the accelerometer.
    Yes I realize this...my screen would do it sometimes and not at another time, that's my issue.

when I take a video and play it back the screen turns sideways. I then turn the phone sideways and the screen turns again. So at this point the phone is totally upside down. "???"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links