Very slow

This is a discussion on Very slow within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Hello! I got my backflip about a week ago and it ran fine until two days ago. Every time I try to text someone I'll ...

Thread: Very slow

Very slow

Hello! I got my backflip about a week ago and it ran fine until two days ago. Every time I try to text someone I'll type in the words and it lags so much that they all pop up at once. It does this EVERY TIME I text now. Also, even just scrolling through the different home screens it goes really slow and doesn't react to my touching it until a couple seconds after I do. One more problem I have been having is right when I'm ending a conversation with someone.. RIGHT before I say goodbye it hangs up without giving me the chance to do so and people have called me back thinking I hung up on them.

I'm not sure if any of you have been having these problems, but I am about to go to AT&T and ask them for help. My phone is literally acting like an old windows computer with too much memory on it.

P.S. I only downloaded about 10 or so applications from the market. Most of them were in the "Popular" category too.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Update: Tried removing the battery and only half of the back comes off then I tried to put the back part back on and only one side of it is clasped in. I'm going to AT&T now.

I am having a similar problem with the response of the phone with texting or just flipping thru screens... love to know what yo find out

Try a factory reset. Search the forums for instructions.

Download Handcent SMS from the Market. It is much better than the built in SMS app. If you do decide to download it, turn off notifications for the stock SMS or you will get notifications from both apps.

I've had this problem too. I think whats causing it is having a huge amount of friends of FaceBook, and your phone struggling to keep up.

Unhappy Text messaging super slow and so is rest of phone

My Backflip was fine for a few days too but then it got really slow. There's a huge delay when texting. I type my text and I have to wait 30 seconds or so for it to finally show up on screen. Also flipping between main screen and other screen is slow. I took out the battery and it appeared to help for now but i don't know how long this will last. I have over 600 friends on facebook so i don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by cuteb0i80 View Post
    My Backflip was fine for a few days too but then it got really slow. There's a huge delay when texting. I type my text and I have to wait 30 seconds or so for it to finally show up on screen. Also flipping between main screen and other screen is slow. I took out the battery and it appeared to help for now but i don't know how long this will last. I have over 600 friends on facebook so i don't know if that has anything to do with it.
    I would recommend downloading advanced task killer. Then in that program select all the pre installed apps to ignore and kill the others. This will keep your memory free'd up. Also it's good to re boot the phone every couple of days just a simple power off and on. You will notice huge differences.

I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

I had 900 Facebook friends and I deleted about 550 of them and resynced and now the phone is a good bit faster. You might want to try that.

SHR
    Hi there,
    My backflip was slowing down and took it to the shop where I bought it. But they weren't much of a help. So my boy friend who is into phones downloaded "Advanced Task Killer" from Android Market and its working fine now. Phone slows down when there are too many applications running at the back. Advanced killer closes down these applications and it increases the memory space, making the phone lot faster than otherwise. Hope this helps you too

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links