Bluetooth

This is a discussion on Bluetooth within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; My husband and I can't seem to connect to each other, it's weird, we were sitting right next to each other and each phone picked ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth

Bluetooth

My husband and I can't seem to connect to each other, it's weird, we were sitting right next to each other and each phone picked up some other connection, the same one, but not each other!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Strange. Is there bluetooth in any of your computers? I have used Bluetooth File Explorer (free app in the Market) to connect and download from another Android device but I've not tried connecting to another phone. I'm guessing it's due to a lack of a specific bluetooth profile. That is likely a 1.5 issue.

Quote Originally Posted by NaplesBill View Post
    Strange. Is there bluetooth in any of your computers? I have used Bluetooth File Explorer (free app in the Market) to connect and download from another Android device but I've not tried connecting to another phone. I'm guessing it's due to a lack of a specific bluetooth profile. That is likely a 1.5 issue.
    I don't think so re bluetooth on my computer. So even though he also can't find me, it's most likely a problem on my end?

Well, you do have to make the phone discoverable. When you do into settings, then wireless controls, the bluetooth settings, you will see the option to make it discoverable. This will make it discoverable for 120 seconds.

Well, you do have to make the phone discoverable. When you do into settings, then wireless controls, the bluetooth settings, you will see the option to make it discoverable. This will make it discoverable for 120 seconds.
    Yes, I did this as well, didn't work. I'll try it with someone else.

have either of you changed the names of your bluetooth ? if both of you have the dame default name that came on the phone that will sometimes cause a conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by modem_over View Post
    have either of you changed the names of your bluetooth ? if both of you have the dame default name that came on the phone that will sometimes cause a conflict.
    I know I haven't, didn't even know that was an option!

I just changed it, but I doubt we had the same name though, the default on the backflip is MB300 and my husband has a Samsung Eternity.

Btw, it worked last night, we found each other, the only thing is I didn't know what passcode to use, neither 0000 or 1234 worked! So I believe it said we were paired, but there was no connectivity, if that makes any sense...

Whatever code you type is the code the other device needs to type. They have to be typed the same at the time of pairing. Unless his phone has a set pairing code, then you need to type the same code as his.

Whatever code you type is the code the other device needs to type. They have to be typed the same at the time of pairing. Unless his phone has a set pairing code, then you need to type the same code as his.
    Ahhh okay, thanks a lot!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links