Bluetooth

This is a discussion on Bluetooth within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; My husband and I can't seem to connect to each other, it's weird, we were sitting right next to each other and each phone picked ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Bluetooth

  1. #1
    Senior Member montREALady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    127

    Bluetooth

    My husband and I can't seem to connect to each other, it's weird, we were sitting right next to each other and each phone picked up some other connection, the same one, but not each other!!

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Senior Member NaplesBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    147
    Strange. Is there bluetooth in any of your computers? I have used Bluetooth File Explorer (free app in the Market) to connect and download from another Android device but I've not tried connecting to another phone. I'm guessing it's due to a lack of a specific bluetooth profile. That is likely a 1.5 issue.

  4. #3
    Senior Member montREALady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by NaplesBill View Post
    Strange. Is there bluetooth in any of your computers? I have used Bluetooth File Explorer (free app in the Market) to connect and download from another Android device but I've not tried connecting to another phone. I'm guessing it's due to a lack of a specific bluetooth profile. That is likely a 1.5 issue.
    I don't think so re bluetooth on my computer. So even though he also can't find me, it's most likely a problem on my end?

  5. #4
    Senior Member NaplesBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    147
    Well, you do have to make the phone discoverable. When you do into settings, then wireless controls, the bluetooth settings, you will see the option to make it discoverable. This will make it discoverable for 120 seconds.

  6. #5
    Senior Member montREALady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by NaplesBill View Post
    Well, you do have to make the phone discoverable. When you do into settings, then wireless controls, the bluetooth settings, you will see the option to make it discoverable. This will make it discoverable for 120 seconds.
    Yes, I did this as well, didn't work. I'll try it with someone else.

  7. #6
    Junior Member modem_over's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    texas.
    Posts
    10
    have either of you changed the names of your bluetooth ? if both of you have the dame default name that came on the phone that will sometimes cause a conflict.

  8. #7
    Senior Member montREALady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by modem_over View Post
    have either of you changed the names of your bluetooth ? if both of you have the dame default name that came on the phone that will sometimes cause a conflict.
    I know I haven't, didn't even know that was an option!

    I just changed it, but I doubt we had the same name though, the default on the backflip is MB300 and my husband has a Samsung Eternity.

  9. #8
    Senior Member montREALady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    127
    Btw, it worked last night, we found each other, the only thing is I didn't know what passcode to use, neither 0000 or 1234 worked! So I believe it said we were paired, but there was no connectivity, if that makes any sense...

  10. #9
    Senior Member NaplesBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    147
    Whatever code you type is the code the other device needs to type. They have to be typed the same at the time of pairing. Unless his phone has a set pairing code, then you need to type the same code as his.

  11. #10
    Senior Member montREALady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by NaplesBill View Post
    Whatever code you type is the code the other device needs to type. They have to be typed the same at the time of pairing. Unless his phone has a set pairing code, then you need to type the same code as his.
    Ahhh okay, thanks a lot!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Samsung Infuse Pictures
    By danDroid in forum Samsung Infuse 4G
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 10:10 AM

Search tags for this page

bluetooth pairing a mb300 and kindle
,
bluetooth passcode for backflip
,
bluetooth pin for motorola backflip
,
how do i bluetooth from android backflip
,
how to connect my motorola backflip to a android phone with bluetooth
,
how to pair and connect bluetooth for a motorola backflip
,
hw to use bluetooth on motorola blur
,
motoblur paired but not conmected
,

motorola backflip bluetooth pairing

,
motorola backflip bluetooth pin does not match
,
motorola backflip how connect bluetooth
,
motorola backflip, bluetooth passkey
,
nake samsung un46d6000 discoverable to kindle
,
note2 bluetooth connect another
,
use bluetooth motorola backflip
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum