screen blinks on and off during a call

This is a discussion on screen blinks on and off during a call within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; The whole time during a call on my backflip the screen blinks on and off, I was wondering if anyone else has this happening and ...

Thread: screen blinks on and off during a call

screen blinks on and off during a call

The whole time during a call on my backflip the screen blinks on and off, I was wondering if anyone else has this happening and what you did to fix it. Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only time you would be able to see the screen when on a call is if you are using speaker OR if you are removing the phone from your ear. If you notice this when removing it from your ear, it's not a bug. ..it's a feature. The Backflip has a sensor that locks the screen when the phone is at your ear. This is to prevent accidental screen button presses. If you remove the phone from your ear while on a call, you will see the screen come back into view. When you put the phone to your ear the screen locks and darkens again.

I have the same problem. It's the sensor not keeping the phone shut off. It's true you can't see the screen when the phone is to your ear, but you can see (at least I can) the back, home, and that wierd square button. When the phone screen is off those buttons are not lit. When it is on they are. I constantly see the buttons flashing on calls and sometimes I hang up on them with my cheek on accident.

What's wierd is I only have this problem when the phone is on my right ear. I can't recall it ever happening on my left ear (purposfully tested it.) Problem is I'm so used to having it on my right ear it's going to be a hard habit to break. I thought about returning the phone but figure the sensor works since my left ear doesn't cause a problem, though it could be a faulty sensor that only fails because of the way I hold it when on my right cheek. IDK it's wierd.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links