Full Screen with Movies

This is a discussion on Full Screen with Movies within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Hey everyone, I had Motorola Media convert a few movies for me. One is full screen, but when I play it on my Backflip it ...

Thread: Full Screen with Movies

Full Screen with Movies

Hey everyone,

I had Motorola Media convert a few movies for me. One is full screen, but when I play it on my Backflip it is not filling up the whole screen. Is there a setting somewhere that I can tell Motorola Media to fill up the whole screen when converting? Or is there a setting in the Backflip that can scale it?

Just wondering...

Thanks,

Dan

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have posted a question to Motorola Tech support on this issues. Once they reply back, I will post their reply here.

i was wondering the same thing!!

Here is the letter Motorola replied back with:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for reaching out to Motorola. I have reviewed your e-mail and I am ready to help. I apologize for the issues you are experiencing.

Yes, Motorola Media Link (MML) can reformat most videos to optimize the size and resolution to fit your phone screen. As might already know all you have to do is just drag and drop the video file from your PC to your phone using Motorola Media Link (MML), and the video will automatically be reformatted (Trans-coded) to play on your phone. Unfortunately the type of resolution the videos are trans-coded to play on your phone is done automatically by MML and the resolution cannot be changed from the one that was already pre-determined when the software was developed. There might be a third party application in the Android market that would allow you to fit videos to full screen inBackflipckFlip, please check the Android market to see if such application is available.

If you have any other questions you can contact customer care at (800) 331-6456.

Thank you again for contacting Motorola Customer Care. We hope the information provided fulfilled your needs.

Best regards,

David

Sounds like is a saying try another video player that has more options...

Ok, I did what Motorola said. I found another app. This app works much better and has more options that the default one, which is "video player". I downloaded mVideoPlayer (Free) and was able to widen in the video some, now it looks like a wide screen TV... It isn't filling up the screen, but it is better. I might have to reformat the video to make it completely full screen. Or just find the movies I have in full screen versions and let MML convert it over.

I read also there is a player called, "Act 1 Video Player" is suppose to be good, but it costs a $1 which might be worth it, but I don't want to spend the money unless it does what I want.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AirborneDude View Post
    I read also there is a player called, "Act 1 Video Player" is suppose to be good, but it costs a $1 which might be worth it, but I don't want to spend the money unless it does what I want.
    You do know you have 24 hours to return apps you buy from the market? So you can buy an app and test it, if it doesn;t work as you like return it. You aren't charged until you have had the app for 24 hours, so there is no charge and then charge reversal to go through.

FYI- If you later buy an app you have returned you do not get return rights the second time.

Great tip! I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Here's a couple additional thoughts that occurred to me during the day today. I noticed that when I play a video that I've taken with the build in camera, it fills up the screen top to bottom but leaves a margin on the sides. That tells us that there isn't any hardware problem filling the screen top to bottom, at least. And I suspect the same would be true side to side. I mean I don't think it's a hardware problem. That's sort of supported by the fact that viewing photos fills up the screen top to bottom AND side to side. When the photo is big enough, of course. So that leads me to think that it's the default player. I'll fool around with it some more and, if I learn anything, I'll post it here. Maybe there's a better player out there with more options. Especially viewing options that would help fill up the screen. Many Windows based PC players have those view options so why not Android players, too?

I really think it has to do with the resolution of the video being played, as F_L_Abs stated, his works fine at 480x320, which are the dimensions of the screen.

I haven't really played around with it yet myself, but I'll convert a few home videos I've taken of my kid and see how they turn out.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links