Contact sync issues

This is a discussion on Contact sync issues within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; When I initially imported my contacts from my Google account, my wife's info was out of date. I updated the information on the backflip, in ...

Thread: Contact sync issues

Contact sync issues

When I initially imported my contacts from my Google account, my wife's info was out of date. I updated the information on the backflip, in the process deleting two phone numbers and changing the home address. Her current phone number was already in the contact info but from her facebook, not Google. As soon as the auto sync runs again it changes her home address back to what it was in Google and adds the two deleted numbers back in.

I realize the most obvious answer would be to just update my Google Contacts but I really would like the Google contacts to sync with changes that I make to my phones contacts. Is there any changes I can make in the settings, backflip or Google, that would allow this to happen.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

That's a good question. I cannot find the pattern, how the Google sync works. Sometimes it takes the changes from the Google, sometimes from the phone. If you delete the contact from the phone, will it delete that contact from the Google or copy it from the Google back to the phone? I thought it should pick up the latest update and sync it with the second device (or online account). It doesn't work this way. Anybody? Thanks.

I wish I could be more helpful but seems my phone isnt even syncing contacts to gmail at all even though its enabled on my phone. I was hopping to export my contacts via gmail to google voice so it would being up a persons name in voice rather then just a number(which is fine assuming there not in my contacts).

If you have the contacts setup in Gmail, I'm pretty sure they should already show up in Google Voice. Pretty sure they share the same contact list.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links