Need to reformatt phone, but...

This is a discussion on Need to reformatt phone, but... within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Hey guys, i was playing with my phone and i really messed up things with my contacts and how they present themselves, i would like ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need to reformatt phone, but...

Need to reformatt phone, but...

Hey guys, i was playing with my phone and i really messed up things with my contacts and how they present themselves, i would like to reformatt the phone but i have a few games i bought (Robo defense - a lot of time invested in that game) and i dont want to lose the time or buy it again. Can I transfer the game to my microsd card and then reformatt my phone and put it back onto the phone? I dont want to lose it.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I think your best bet is to figure out if you can fix the contacts without reformatting the phone.

What, exactly, is wrong with the contacts?

You know your phone contacts will sync up with your Gmail contacts, right? Maybe you can straighten them out on Gmail and then just delete them on the phone and let them sync up again.

Well I am missing quite a few and in the past before i bought the game when this happened i would wipe the phone and it would automatically update. I am sure i can find a way to restore the contact that I have. I still would like to know for future reference if there is a way to save the paid applications so if i do wipe my phone again i will not lose them and have to purchase again .

I'm not familiar with that game. Does it save game data as you progress through the game?

Or are you just worried about the actual application files rather than saved game data, too?

I am just worried about the application files. I have several applications that i frequently use that have been purchased, i have also downloaded a few programs in hopes that it would lead me to a way of backing up those applications. I have located nothing yet. Any ideas?

Get 'Astro File Manager' for free from the Market. It will back up applications for you.

I was under the impression that if you reformat you will be able to easily re-install apps you previously purchased by going to the "My Downloads" section of the Android Market (though I have never done this myself), is this not the case?

Retrieving previously purchased applications - Android Market Help

Quote Originally Posted by acmasters View Post
    I was under the impression that if you reformat you will be able to easily re-install apps you previously purchased by going to the "My Downloads" section of the Android Market (though I have never done this myself), is this not the case?

Retrieving previously purchased applications - Android Market Help
    Personally, I feel more secure backing up my apps with the Astro File Manager to the SD card. I then copy the entire SD card (which includes the apps, a backup file of my contacts and all the docs, music, ring tones, photos and videos on my phone) to my desktop PCs hard disk.

You can decide for yourself whether you want to do that or not. It's free after all. And, to me, the extra security is well worth the time it takes to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendal View Post
    Personally, I feel more secure backing up my apps with the Astro File Manager to the SD card. I then copy the entire SD card (which includes the apps, a backup file of my contacts and all the docs, music, ring tones, photos and videos on my phone) to my desktop PCs hard disk.

You can decide for yourself whether you want to do that or not. It's free after all. And, to me, the extra security is well worth the time it takes to do it.
    Yeah, it's definitely not a bad idea to back everything up before you reformat either way

Wow that worked perfectly! Thanks! I appreciate the advice. I just downloading the astro file. Works beautifully.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links