My Backflip won't send emails

This is a discussion on My Backflip won't send emails within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Hi. I am on day 2 of life with the Backflip and I love it! My only problem so far is that it won't let ...

Thread: My Backflip won't send emails

My Backflip won't send emails

Hi. I am on day 2 of life with the Backflip and I love it! My only problem so far is that it won't let me send emails. I can receive them. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

Kelly

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by kkaiser48 View Post
    Hi. I am on day 2 of life with the Backflip and I love it! My only problem so far is that it won't let me send emails. I can receive them. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

Kelly
    You can always set your outbound SMTP server as "cwmx.com" which is the Cingular Wireless Message eXchange server. I'm assuming that since the backflip is only sold for AT&T accounts that AT&T is your provider, and since AT&T acquired Cingular that you can use cwmx.com (unauthenticated) from any AT&T phone #, just as I do. This will easily eliminate any complicated configuration hurdles you may have trying to authenticate to a private outbound SMTP server.

Thanks for your help!

Kelly
    Some stuff to consider...

It isn't the backflip that won't let you send out emails. It's the way your email account is set up on the backflip. That may sound like an unimportant distinction but it is helpful to understand what's really going on.

Outbound email servers are usually fussy about what email ID can use them to send out email.

So, when you set up your email account information on the backflip, make sure you use the correct email ID for the SMTP server name that you give it. And, of course, the port numbers and other stuff like that need to be correct, too.

If you are using an email account that you also use on your PC, then just copy the same information to the phone from there. If you're using a new email account on the phone, then put in the exact information they gave you when you created the account.

Hope that helps. Good luck with it.

Thanks for the help and clarification

It appears to only be a problem now with one particular email address that I am sending to. It is working in every other case. I know it has to be some type of set up problem or user error. I love the phone!!

It appears to only be a problem now with one particular email address that I am sending to. It is working in every other case. I know it has to be some type of set up problem or user error. I love the phone!!
    Glad you love the phone. I love mine, too. It does everything I want it to do and more! Every time I wander around in the Settings menu, I find new stuff to fuss with. It's a gadget lovers delight.

So, if your email goes out ok to everywhere except that one address, then the problem isn't on your end. The problem is on the receiving end.

There must be something blocking you either with the receivers' PC or phone email settings. Or maybe on the receivers' email server.

Spam filters are not always obvious. Sometimes an email server will block stuff and you don't always know that it's being blocked. It sounds like that's what's happening.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links