Backflip Stuck In Reboot Cycle

This is a discussion on Backflip Stuck In Reboot Cycle within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; So I just got my phone today... installed a few apps on it, didn't run any of them yet though. As I was moving icons ...

Thread: Backflip Stuck In Reboot Cycle

Backflip Stuck In Reboot Cycle

So I just got my phone today... installed a few apps on it, didn't run any of them yet though. As I was moving icons around, my phone shut off. Tried to turn it back on, it wouldn't boot. I thought maybe the battery had died (although I remembered it being at 50%) so I plugged it in and it just keeps rebooting to a screen where I can see the battery's charging process then boots again.

I was able to get into the master reset screen but whether I press volume up or down for the reboot options, it says I chose whatever option is volume down and then hangs on that screen and goes back into the reboot cycle.

Is there any fix I can do at home or do I take it back to the store?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Return it. Even if there was somthing you can do, it wouls still be safe to return the phone due to the software issue

Yeah, sure sounds like something's seriously defective.

Take it back and exchange it for sure.

I think the same thing happened to me!

The first symptom - the battery level was stuck at 50%. Even if I used the phone for a long call, and "charged" it for numerous hours, it was stuck at 50%. Eventually, while charging, I noticed it going to the "reboot cycle" where the phone would turn on momentarily, the battery charge icon would show on the screen and then it would turn off. This would repeat a few times per minute. At the beginning I was able to get the blue screen (photo button plus power), but now I can't get it to turn on at all.

I measured the battery voltage - the 3.8v battery measured around 2.7v, even after being plugged in to charge for a long while.

Just recently, it did manage to go on for a few minutes (again showing 50% charge) but then died again.

It would be interesting to see if it would work w/ a fully charged battery. I suspect a fault with the charging system (or some other weird fault). Anyways - perhaps this is more than an isolated problem if indeed my symptoms are the same as yours!

Holy cow - it just turned on by itself again....

Update

Just out of curiosity, I went to a phone store to see if I could try another battery. When the charged battery was put in, the phone worked fine. When I put my battery in the other phone, it was just as mine was.

So, either my battery suffered a premature death or there is something wrong with the charging function in my phone! Anyways - I ordered a new battery (I won the phone (and have no receipt) and unlocked it - so warranty from both the operator / moto were no good). We shall see!

Anyone else experience premature battery death?

My backflip is doing just about the same thing,, but it starts up and doesnt finish loading,, it just keeps shutting itself off,, i took the battery out and let it set a few minutes and then turned it back on and still the same thing. ive had the phone over a year and its always been a good phone its actually the best phone i have ever owned,, i dont know why it just started dong this anyone have any ideals or suggestions on what to do.. i know i cant send it back, but i dont know what to do, please help me

Quote Originally Posted by lady_leo View Post
    My backflip is doing just about the same thing,, but it starts up and doesnt finish loading,, it just keeps shutting itself off,, i took the battery out and let it set a few minutes and then turned it back on and still the same thing. ive had the phone over a year and its always been a good phone its actually the best phone i have ever owned,, i dont know why it just started dong this anyone have any ideals or suggestions on what to do.. i know i cant send it back, but i dont know what to do, please help me
    In the end, I sent mine back to Motorola. It was defective and they gave me a new one.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links