Black Home Screen

This is a discussion on Black Home Screen within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; I was hoping that the Blue Update would help with this bug, but it still happens. So, about once to twice daily, after a moderate ...

Thread: Black Home Screen

Unhappy Black Home Screen

I was hoping that the Blue Update would help with this bug, but it still happens.

So, about once to twice daily, after a moderate amount of usage with my backflip (text, internet, browsing, the usual) my home screen goes black (when i mean black, I mean the area where the home screen takes up - I can still see the top status bar with the reception, 3g, wifi and clock). And it's not like it's stuck trying to load the home screen wallpaper, icons, and widgets. If i touch the dark section, it still loads the app (although, I'm not sure what app it will be until it launches :P ). The only fix I've found is to reset. Then it's good for about another half day or so before I have to do it again.

Kinda annoying, anyone else have the same problem or know if it's a particular app that's causing it?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopdrummin View Post
    I was hoping that the Blue Update would help with this bug, but it still happens.

So, about once to twice daily, after a moderate amount of usage with my backflip (text, internet, browsing, the usual) my home screen goes black (when i mean black, I mean the area where the home screen takes up - I can still see the top status bar with the reception, 3g, wifi and clock). And it's not like it's stuck trying to load the home screen wallpaper, icons, and widgets. If i touch the dark section, it still loads the app (although, I'm not sure what app it will be until it launches :P ). The only fix I've found is to reset. Then it's good for about another half day or so before I have to do it again.

Kinda annoying, anyone else have the same problem or know if it's a particular app that's causing it?
    Sounds to me like a corrupt system file somewhere. I'd take it back and exchange it.

yupp

My phone will do it when I'm using a data intensive app like red poker, I keep the app open and lock the screen. After I unlock it if I immediately press the home button my screen goes black. It has happened to me twice both days were after the update.
    [\Marvin the Martian/]:blur:

I actually noticed this too after the update. However, it seems to me that it is a process that is running because I used ATK's widget to clear some things and it made the home screen go black and then it would reload the UI. Not sure if this is just some Android file that shouldn't be tampered with or what...but it was kinda frightening I must admit.

This happens to me occasionally after using ATK to kill a bunch of apps, but only after the phone has been on for a while.

yea happens only after i use the task killer

Same here, likewise after using a task killer, and after the update.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links