Fun With Your Photos

This is a discussion on Fun With Your Photos within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; You'll need Astro File Manager for this. It's a free App at the Market. Very useful app for many other things, too. First, go into ...

Thread: Fun With Your Photos

Smile Phun With Your Photos

You'll need Astro File Manager for this. It's a free App at the Market. Very useful app for many other things, too.

First, go into your photo gallery and rename some photos that you want to group up together. Maybe they're all photos of someone's birthday party or perhaps your kid's violin recital, or whatever. The photo names can be anything you want just so long as you recognize them later.

Long touch on the photo before you open it up and you'll get a menu that will let you rename it. By the way, in case you haven't explored this yet, open a photo and touch the menu button (the one with the 4 squares) and select Edit. There's a TON of really great stuff you can do with your photos in there! Experiment on a photo you don't care too much about in case you really screw it up while you're playing with all the neat things you can do.

Now, switch to one of your home screens that isn't busy, i.e. doesn't have a lot of stuff on it yet. Long touch on the home screen and 'Add Shortcut'. Click on Astro and, when it comes up, use it to locate one of the photos you renamed. It'll be on your SD card somewhere. You'll have to look around for it but you'll find it eventually. (Hint: Sometimes they're in the DCIM folder.)

When you find the photo, touch it and you'll be asked to give the shortcut a name and you'll be offered the name you gave the photo. Accept that by clicking OK. You'll then go back to your home screen and the photo will show up there as an icon on your home screen.

Long touch on the home screen and create a New Folder. Open it up and touch on the upper folder bar and rename it anything you like. Close the folder and drag your photo shortcut over it and release it. The photo goes into your new folder. To remove a photo from a folder, long touch on the photo in the folder and it goes out to the home screen and you can put it in a different folder, if you want.

You can repeat that for as many folders and photos as you like. It's a great way to organize your photos. And if you take as many photos as I do, you'll need it.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

That's cool, but seems like a lot of work. I find the native tagging system for photos to be sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    That's cool, but seems like a lot of work. I find the native tagging system for photos to be sufficient.
    Good for you.

But I suspect that you don't take as many photos of as many things as I do.

The five categories you end up with using the native tagging system is no way near enough to help me get my photos organized.

And I really hate digging around for them when I want to show some to a friend or family member.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

What Marvin said. The limit only applies to the number of tags per picture.

Finding the exact pic I'm looking for with the tag system has been pretty quick and easy in my experience. I've taken dozens of pics with my phone and I've only had it for about a month. So far it's mostly pics of people. I guess I might run into a problem if I take a picture of more than 5 people at once, and everyone in the pic is someone that I want to tag, but I have a feeling that situation will be pretty rare.

I suppose a native, robust folder system would be nice though, especially if it was easier than your home screen method.

can you make a folder in your actual picture gallery?

Yes. I don't believe you can do it without the use of a 3rd party app or by mounting your SD card on your PC though.

You can either use an app like ASTRO to create a subfolder and move your photos or you can mount your SD card on your PC and do the editing and moving around there.

Slightly off topic, but how can I have some photos in the slideshow in desktop mode, and not have others?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links