White static

This is a discussion on White static within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Anyone else ever get screen degradation in the form of white pixels that update very slowly on screen changes. Almost like snow or tv static. ...

Thread: White static

Question White static

Anyone else ever get screen degradation in the form of white pixels that update very slowly on screen changes. Almost like snow or tv static. Mostly seen after extensive use. Almost always goes away on reboot. Not really sure how else to describe it, but you'll know what I mean if you see it. Both my friend and I have seen it on both of our flips.
    Don't speak to me of the crunch. You know nothing of the crunch.
    You've never even been to the crunch.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I've not had that at all....sure doesn't sound like anything good though. A problem like that might get me to visit an AT&T store....

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

Just contacted Amazon about it last night. Also my charger stopped working unless I hold it a weird angle. Can't believe that happened because I always place it on a flat surface while charging. I don't even use it while it charges. So, its not like I bent it or anything. So I definitely need a new phone.

Got an email from Amazon this morning, they are sending the new phone today, should be here by tomorrow since they always come out of Kentucky.

THIS is why I ALWAYS shop with Amazon!!

Used to have this problem on my old backflip that was running on the old motoblur update. Exchanged it because of some defects and got a new backflip with the newest update. Have yet to see the problem occur on my new phone

Yeah, I have been trying to do manual updates to see if that solves the problem. Apparently I didn't make the cut for the update a few weeks ago. So, lets see what I get from amazon. I just love the fact that setting up the new phone will take next to nothing.:blur:

i just got my phone last month and i've notice the static screen has appeared couple of times on me. where can i get an update on it or what can i do???

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    There has been a limited release update that addressed this issue 9as well as others). There is no date for general of this update.

You have to decide if you want to wait and try the update when it is released or exchange the phone.

guess i'll wait n try the update. if nothing works then i'll just go back 2 my old phone. thx a bunch.

Amazon came through for me. Posting from backflip #2. Tried my best to get the static to appear on this one and happy to say I couldn't. As far as the update that has been mentioned, both of the phones I have are identicle in hardware and software versions for everything I could see. Honestly, if you are within the first month I would definitely encourage you to return the device. Also, the number of returns speaks much louder to the manufacturer than waiting for a "maybe" update.

As an added bonus, the physical keyboard on the new phone seems to click better than the other, making typing much easier.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links