Wrong Location

This is a discussion on Wrong Location within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; I just recently bought a new Backflip. I live in CA but my phone has a Nebraska area code. Ever since I bout the phone ...

Thread: Wrong Location

Wrong Location

I just recently bought a new Backflip. I live in CA but my phone has a Nebraska area code. Ever since I bout the phone last week, my phone keeps think I am in Nebraska. The location on the google home page comes up as Nebraska on my phone. I also keep getting weather updates from Nebraska on Weather Bug. Even the Motoblur feature o locate your phone thinks my phone is in Nebraska even though I am clearly in CA. The Google Maps works fine most of the time and knows where I am, but all of these other apps keep thinking I am in Nebraska even though I have never even been to Nebraska with this phone. Is it because of the area code of my phone? Is there anything I can do to fix it????:confused:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Check the options in your applications for entering a zip code. Odds are the phone just has a random setting.

When you say that your phone has a Nebraska area code.... do you actually mean that your cell phone number has a Nebraska area code, or just that your phone shows it with a Nebraska area code?

If it's the former, it's not a problem with the phone, it means that ATT has assigned you a wrong number.

If the latter, then as above, I'd check all of your settings to make sure your address/zip and everything is entered correctly.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links