Blocked Browser

This is a discussion on Blocked Browser within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; When I use Skyfire and the default browser without using wifi, no matter what site I try to go to, it says that the url ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blocked Browser

Thumbs up Blocked Browser

When I use Skyfire and the default browser without using wifi, no matter what site I try to go to, it says that the url is blocked. The home screen (google) works but if I try to access a site after the home screen pops up, a blank screen pops up that says this url is blocked. If I use Opera, everything is accessible. I would just continue using Opera, but I like the option of playing flash videos on Skyfire.

Help please.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hmmm, that does not occur for me. Silly question, but just in case, have you tried rebooting the phone? Also, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Skyfire?

Double check your browser settings. You may have proxy turned on, and I think both browsers use the same base settings, but opera is its own animal. Just as a trial, try downloading the dolphin browser. I know it uses the same settings as the stock browser. If it doesn't work either the problem is probably with your settings.

On a side note, I've been using dolphin pretty much exclusively and couldn't be happier with it.
    Don't speak to me of the crunch. You know nothing of the crunch.
    You've never even been to the crunch.

Dolphin browser doesn't work either. I'm changing my settings right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Coolcool View Post
    Dolphin browser doesn't work either. I'm changing my settings right now.
    I hate to ask the stupid question, but how is your reception? Are you on 3G or EDGE?
    I know you said opera works, but what about other apps that use the web? Blur, Shopper, Bar Code Reader, maps. Any of those having problems as well? I mentioned some of those other apps specifically because some do load webpages.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Hmmm, that does not occur for me. Silly question, but just in case, have you tried rebooting the phone? Also, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Skyfire?
    I tried both of those and I'm using 3G.

Stupid question on my part, but how do you turn the proxy off?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Coolcool View Post
    I tried both of those and I'm using 3G.

Stupid question on my part, but how do you turn the proxy off?
    I've have seen this issue before and it's even happened to myself. The only workaround / fix i could find is you have to turn on airplane mode for a minute.

To do this hold down the power button and select airplane mode. Then go back to the home screen. Let you phone stay like this for a minute or two then repeat the step to turn airplane off.

Let the phone reconnect itself to the network and 3G (takes about 15-25 sec to do this) and then try the browser again.

I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by batmania15 View Post
    I've have seen this issue before and it's even happened to myself. The only workaround / fix i could find is you have to turn on airplane mode for a minute.

To do this hold down the power button and select airplane mode. Then go back to the home screen. Let you phone stay like this for a minute or two then repeat the step to turn airplane off.

Let the phone reconnect itself to the network and 3G (takes about 15-25 sec to do this) and then try the browser again.
    That didn't work.

Any other suggestions?

Try opening your browser. Hit menu, settings, reset to default. Its all the way at the bottom. Also try turning off custom user agent. You would lose saved passwords from web pages, but it may help. If it doesn't I would be calling up at&t asap. Sounds like something is messed up on their end. Especially if it only does it when off wi-fi. Also if you are still within your first 30 days, I would probably switch out the phone first.

C2k
    Try going into settings>wireless controls>mobile networks>access point names

then hit menu and reset to default. Ive fixed a lot of phones that have issues accessing internet and data, it may have something to do with that. Or if you have both browsers running in the background at the same time, try ending one with a task manager. That may help also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links