WiFi Connect Issue

This is a discussion on WiFi Connect Issue within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; I have been searching the web the past few days for help with the issue i have. It appears to be a known android issue, ...

Thread: WiFi Connect Issue

WiFi Connect Issue

I have been searching the web the past few days for help with the issue i have. It appears to be a known android issue, but here is my problem. I have WiFi access at work and at home and prefer to be connected to WiFi, however the past few days the phone will connect to the network but does not have a data connection (Browsers/Apps do not have internet connection). I check the ip on the phone and router and both are showing the ip being issued to the Backflip. The only solution I've found is to do a battery pull or a full reboot on the phone. Really frustrating!!! I've tried the free WiFi programs on the marketplace but have had no luck. Please help?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

What exactly is happening? If you disable the WiFi on the phone and re-enable it, does it work?

Yes I have done that. Turning the WiFi off and then back on, when I turn the Backflip back on it shows the connection and in the advanced WiFi options it shows an ip, however data does not work on the phone. Cannot access a webpage, apps that use data do not work, marketplace will not load, email will not come in ... etc. Thanks for quick reply

So this occurs for any wifi network? What kind of wireless security is on the networks you connect to? I've never had a connection issue like this, but I've only connected to networks with WEP, so maybe WPA or WPA2 is causing your problem? Just a thought.

No only two different router I am connecting to both with WEP security keys. They are different types of routers as well. One is a linksys the other is a sonicwall. Been using the device with limited issues for over a month. This is a new problem that just came up recently. Even after a battery pull the wifi will work when "it wants to".

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links