Alarm clock and Ringer issue

This is a discussion on Alarm clock and Ringer issue within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; I just purchased my Backflip yesterday and loaded a few apps onto it. At first all was well and everything worked properly, however this morning ...

Thread: Alarm clock and Ringer issue

Alarm clock and Ringer issue

I just purchased my Backflip yesterday and loaded a few apps onto it. At first all was well and everything worked properly, however this morning when my alarm went off I noticed that the phone only vibrated constantly and didn't ring except in small bursts. It also does this on incoming calls. I'm just curious, has anyone else had this problem?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have that problem too

I've had that problem from the very beginning. Sometimes I don't even think the alarm clock rings. Just vibrates, no matter what volume or setting I put the tone on. So, while the alarm clock mode is very pretty and could be practical (if I could get it to work), I don't depend on it as an alarm clock b/c I can't depend on it making a noise. Not sure if this is a phone issue or if this is a user issue. Neither would surprise me.

Yes but it's not just when I have the phone set up like an alarm clock, it's all the time. The sound on my ringtone, text tones, pandora app, everything. It seems like they lag and they never play the sounds without stuttering.

alarm problems

My damn alarm doesn't even go off half the time. I will literally set it to go off in a couple of minutes and sit there and watch it and it won't do nothing. I probably did that about ten times and only two times did it actually go off . I've only had the phone for a couple of days and I already hate it!

I had the same problem as well. Sometimes the alarm rings and sometimes it doesn't. I had download an app called Alarmclock plus V2 from marketplace as an alternative solution, i suggest you can try that out too.

I have found both better alarm clock and open alarm to be better and more reliable than the default alarm. Especially open alarm. You can schedule more than just a wakeup as well. It can turn off and on wifi, send a text, make a phone call (not sure how that woud be useful), and toggle cell data. I use it as my primary alarm and to turn off wifi while at work to save battery.
    Don't speak to me of the crunch. You know nothing of the crunch.
    You've never even been to the crunch.

alarm clock issues

yea i just said **** it and took my backflip back and got the damn iphone...should have listened to my friends in the first place....the iphone is so much more user friendly

Hey! At first Im sry for my bad English. But I still hope, that I can help you with my reply here.

I had the f***in problem that sometimes my alarm clock rangs and sometimes it didn't. It was sure for me that the alarm clock definetly didnt ring when I pressed the power button at the top to launch the barrier of the screen. I was very startled that the alarm clock didn't work with such a modern smartphone.
    I searched for a solution and I found; go to settings and then to clock and date. Change from automatical clock to manual clock. I've never enjoyed the alarm clock in this moment like ever before. I tried it about 5 times again and again and always it worked without an exceptional...and it still works=)

Thanks Timobile!

To clarify, go to "Settings", then "Date & Time", and uncheck "Automatic". This allows the sound of the alarm to function.

EDIT: I just installed the manual update to my backflip. The alarm sound now works perfectly, and the home lights even dim when you press the dimmer switch! This update is great!

Quote Originally Posted by oarsof6 View Post
    Thanks Timobile!

To clarify, go to "Settings", then "Date & Time", and uncheck "Automatic". This allows the sound of the alarm to function.

EDIT: I just installed the manual update to my backflip. The alarm sound now works perfectly, and the home lights even dim when you press the dimmer switch! This update is great!
    Many thanks for this posting this method! This works for me

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links