keyboard and screen blackout

This is a discussion on keyboard and screen blackout within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; I don't believe I've had anymore problems with the blackouts the past couple weeks (and I switched out my cell cover too just in case ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: keyboard and screen blackout

update

I don't believe I've had anymore problems with the blackouts the past couple weeks (and I switched out my cell cover too just in case it was obstructing the sensor, haven't put that old one back on to check though). I do still have the Car Mode app installed and another one as well that toggles the screen so it doesn't time out(good when using gps). I haven't messed with it to see if the actual problem has been remedied through the update, I want to say it's fine but I have my phone on the charger with the screen timeout toggled off and Car Mode on when I'm at work or in the car. When I get a chance, I'll play around with it and check back in if there's still a problem.
    Good luck to those still struggling with this, it is definitely a completely frustrating thing to put up with!

Thanks Loki and SanDiegoLil,
    We tried to update and realized there was a problem with the blur account. So we did a reset, and then once that was all working realized that we had the latest update. The problem was still happening. Next we removed the case she had purchased, and that seemed to be the issue. She had recalled the that the problem was happening before she had the case, but who knows. I think a combination of the reset and removing the case solved it. The case impacts the sensor. So has anyone tried the silicone cases, so they have the same issues as the hard cases?

[I meant to ask do the silicone cases have the same problem as the hard cases?

I can imagine that any case that covers the proximity sensor will mess with that sensor. The silicone cases might actually cause the opposite problem. Silicone is a good enough insulator that it might keep the screen active even when the phone is pressed against your face. I'd be wary of any case that covers the sensor.

I've infrequently had similar problems, or 2 specific (maybe separate, maybe not). They are not presenting themselves at this time..

These problems always happend on my unrooted fone, so I don't think rooting is related. I've had bad reset problems immediately after reflashing the 13.37 with rsd (after killing my cell connection with a failed boot screen replacement). But after successfully re-logging on the motoblur everything has been great.

My first problem is frequent reseting when opening the keyboard/during the screen rotation. I think I may have narrowed down and elimated this problem; removing the desktop/clock mode apk. The backflip is the only android device I know of that has some sort of app trigger in the middle of a keyboard open/screen rotation (I don't know from a software side if its the rotation of the screen while calling the desktop mode apk or the desktop/clock app itself causing the problem).

The second problem is just random resets and poweroffs. I'd take my fone out of my pocket and it'd be booting up, needless to say quite frustrating. I haven't replicated this problem since the last flash but I suspect it had to do with the setcpu and/or the adjbrightness apps (root required apps). I'm pretty sure I'd frequently see these apps requesting super user access everytime I'd turn my fone display on (between auto adjusting my brightness and my cpu speed). I've quit using these apps and the problem went away (didn't have a choice since the last update to adjbrightness broke it for the backflip and the setcpu doesn't increase the backflip cpu speed).

Thats my input; problems and solutions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links