Sim Card Problems

This is a discussion on Sim Card Problems within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; I imported my contacts from my old phone off of my SIM, but they didn't transfer right. The names are messed up. I've deleted them ...

Thread: Sim Card Problems

Sim Card Problems

I imported my contacts from my old phone off of my SIM, but they didn't transfer right. The names are messed up. I've deleted them all, and added them back on, but the messed up version of the names are still visible when I send a text. I want to know how to delete my contacts from my SIM card. I don't mind having to add all of my contacts back by hand.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

You should be able to just delete them. You may want to check at Google to see that they haven't been sync'd with Google.

yeah your proble is that they are backed up with google, go to your account on your computer and delete all your contacts. problem solved!

No, that didn't fix it. It really is a problem with my sim card. My last phone was four years old, and when they transferred my contacts off of it onto my new sim card, it messed up the format. I need to know how to access my sim card information from my phone so that I can clear my contacts off of there.

Oh hey, I found it. Damn, this phone has a lot more options than my old one. >_< It was in the side menu, center, second page. Manage SIM Card. Thanks for the tip about google contacts though! I'll be able to add them in much easier that way.

Ads