contact upload and phone froze at main screen (motoblur problems)

This is a discussion on contact upload and phone froze at main screen (motoblur problems) within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; When I try to upload my contacts from my sim card, it will only load about 8 at a time. That's only if I check ...

Thread: contact upload and phone froze at main screen (motoblur problems)

Arrow contact upload and phone froze at main screen (motoblur problems)

When I try to upload my contacts from my sim card, it will only load about 8 at a time. That's only if I check off 8 different people, but when I try to select and upload them all it will only upload maybe 20/150 and give me an error.

This morning I went to try to use my phone and for a good hour it wouldn't let me touch or use anything, I had to take the battery out and put back in a total of about 6 times over that hour to get it working again. The error message was something like the "home stopped unexcpetedely".

Another thing is I will always get random "motoblur stopped unexpectedely: force close" but it won't close anything I'm doing. It just pops up all the time.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    Did you just get your phone recently?

Can you log into your Motoblur account online?

Is your Motoblur account setup correctly?

There were issues with the Motoblur servers for a few days recently. Many users who got their phones did not get them set up properly with Motoblur. If you think this may be your problem and you need to use the same e-mail address when you redo the setup PM me. If you have another e-mail address you can use for the Motoblur setup do a factory data reset on your phone and start over.

I do not know if the setup problem would effect the import from SIM, but I think it might because I am sure the phone is trying to sync with the Motoblur server as it imports.
    I just checked and I can log into my motoblur account online, maybe if I do a data reset then it will help. I must have not had a 3G connection when I set it up.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

Sponsored Links