Task killer causing black home screen

This is a discussion on Task killer causing black home screen within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; So once in a while when i use the advanced task killer widget it crashes my home screen somehow and it will show the animation ...

Thread: Task killer causing black home screen

Task killer causing black home screen

So once in a while when i use the advanced task killer widget it crashes my home screen somehow and it will show the animation like it is loading the home screen, but then just be black/blank. seems to happen when i kill waze more often than anything else. just curious if anyone else was having the same issue. or if there are any suggestions on better task killing apps for the backflip.
    oh, and auto kill level is off.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

There are plenty of articles written that say you should not be using a task killer, and there are plenty that say you should. I don't use them anymore, I never found that they helped with performance and frequently found that they would mess the phone up.

I had this black screen thing happen to me a lot. I don't use ATK anymore except when I reboot the phone.

I have seen great improvements in speed and stability using ATK. If I don't do it when I boot up my phone its very slow. I have run into that black screen business and it is very frustrating. I found that it usually happens if I haven't rebooted the phone in a few days.

U guys need to look in the Tk menu if u kill the app itself or the home screen it presents u with a black screen. Atk is good for apps u can't close like facebook, and it closes things u have accidentaly leftt open ie ur browser, pandora and other things. My atk runs ever 30 mins from my boot, and I have found that some apps keep coming on like the alarm cloclock and other apps that like to turn on in the background. Auto task killer is definatly the best one on the market and works tons better than the the other simular apps on the market

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links