charging issues

This is a discussion on charging issues within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; So when I try to charge my phone I plug it in the charge icon comes on but it won't actually charge the phone, I've ...

Thread: charging issues

charging issues

So when I try to charge my phone I plug it in the charge icon comes on but it won't actually charge the phone, I've had this happen to me several times in the past few days either usb charge car charger or wall please help

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Unfortunately this phone is very picky about chargers. Unless you use the original wall charger or a charger specifically designed for the backflip you will get this every time. The only other option is use a pc. It has something to do with the phone requesting higher power through USB. If you don't have a charger with the right type of chip in it, or a computer with a powered usb port, it will still show the charge icon, but it will keep discharging. And yeah, I was pretty P.Od about not being able to use my existing chargers.
    Don't speak to me of the crunch. You know nothing of the crunch.
    You've never even been to the crunch.

Is it any different than a Droid? The backflip has small marketshare so there aren't many products for it, but the stuff my friend had for her droid looked identical and her charger charged my phone.

Can third party chargers for the droid work for the backflip too? My current portable battery isn't working so I was looking into buying this:
    External Laptop Battery, Laptop Battery, iPod Battery, DVD Battery Packs, PSP Battery, External Battery Pack at Batterygeek.net but they don't list the backflip.

I've been having a similar isssue today. My phone has been on the USB for a while and I can see the charge icon, but i start to notice it's going down not up. it went from 60% to 15% on the charger

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links