Battery Life

This is a discussion on Battery Life within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; I fully charged my backflip took it off at 7:55 it now 8:22 and it has 92 the battery dies quick...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery Life

Angry Battery Life

I fully charged my backflip took it off at 7:55 it now 8:22 and it has 92
    the battery dies quick

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

As much as they tell you not to install any task or app killer, I have tested and prove that without a task killer your battery would not last half of a working day. If you chose carefully which apps you want to kill "advance task cleaner pro" improves your battery life more than twice that would normaly last. Judge it yourself and you will see the differance.

This has been addressed in TONS of threads already (which I find kind of strange, since battery life is such a manageable issue) but I will throw in my 2 cents again.

With normal usage I get at least 18 hours on a full charge. I have several widgets running, GPS always on (but not location source via network), Google Sync always on, screen brightness at half, and battery profile set to Smart Mode. I never use Bluetooth (which I hear is a battery hog), and I use wi-fi more often than not (supposedly 3G uses more battery than wi-fi).

I used a task killer for the first month of owning the phone, then stopped. Battery life did not worsen when I got rid of the task killer; if anything, it improved.

Also, I got 13.35 when it first went out. Battery life was not an issue for me before the update, but I did notice a slight increase in battery life once I got it.

this battery life on the phone sucks...i haven't used my phone all day, and its at 20% imagine if i was on it..it would have been dead 4 hours ago.

advance task cleaner pro app helps me a lot. I can go two days before I have to charge again. I keep everything to a minimum. Email check set hourly, no gps, no wifi, brightness to set to zero, display goes blank after 15 seconds.

Ive never had an issue with my battery life. Even using the **** out of my phone I get a solid 8 hours out of it, and when not using it constantly, I can go up to 3 days without charging. I do also use a task killer app, and use smart mode for my battery settings.

I deleted the task killer off my backflip and fully charged it. Off the charger at 8:14 and its
    9:50 and I still have 95% battery life and I've been using myspace facebook and surfing the web. The task
    Killer being on is constantly using battery life to kill aps if you just close the app when your done you don't need task killer try it.

backflip battery life soloution everyone :)

I deleted the task killer off my backflip and fully charged it. Off the charger at 8:14 and its
    9:50 and I still have 95% battery life and I've been using myspace facebook and surfing the web. The task
    Killer being on is constantly using battery life to kill aps if you just close the app when your done you don't need task killer try it.

I still really hate reading threads like this.

Essentially, THEY ARE TINY LAPTOPS - they just happen to have the ability to call people.

3G really eats battery away, especially with internet surfing and not properly closing apps that use the various tech in the phone (accelerometer, wifi, gps, camera, etc).

If you really expect battery life out of a smartphone, you don't want a phone with all these capabilities.

I ordered one of these things for it... ill post my opinion about it when it gets here july 8th or 9th
    http://www.motorola.com/consumer/v/i...GUID=02331787c
    if you order it dont forget the mini to micro usb adaptor

supposedly it lasts 121% longer than the internal battery... plus once that burns up it switches to internal... i can imagine a paperweight hanging from your phone 24/7 will be an annoyance... but i need the extra life xD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links