4th replacement

This is a discussion on 4th replacement within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; :mad: Well, I thoiught after going through 3 backflips in 4 month (last one lasted 2 weeks) I would switch to a different phone. Not ...

Thread: 4th replacement

Angry 4th replacement

:mad: Well, I thoiught after going through 3 backflips in 4 month (last one lasted 2 weeks) I would switch to a different phone. Not the case. Found out there is nothing equal to the backflip that AT&T will authorize switching to. I even offered to pay the difference to upgrade. They offered me any phone at full price if I didn't want the back flip.
    The phones they did offer are the discontinued models of cheaper phones. Nothing equal to or better than the back flip.:mad:

SO, :confused: I'll take my chances with a 4th backflip. Maybe by the time my 1 year warrenty expires I might have a phone that works as advertised.
    I do have to say one thing for them though. They do ship the replacements out fast. Got this one 24 hours after hanging up the phone.

With support like this though and the poor support I've been getting I'll be switching carriers when this plan expires (after 8 1/2 years with AT&T/Cingular).:confused:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You should be able to get out of your contract with the lemon law. If you have had three of the Backflips you should be able to get out of it. I think someone on here has done it. I was just thinking how I should start calling them with mine and hopefully I would get 3 lemons and then hopefully get out of my contract.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by draperbr View Post
    So many people are having similar problems. Go to The Motorola Backflip and AT&T Suck | Facebook and tell AT&T/Motorola how you feel. "Like" the page, and demonstrate to AT&T they can not just turn their back on their customers.
    You've put this same exact message across several threads.

There's nothing that will magically make the Backflip faster... it's just how it's going to be. Please stop cross-posting.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Member wikidcerealkilla_attdroids's Avatar
    Do you think that this is gonna make at&t send you a new phone?
    So many people are having similar problems. Go to The Motorola Backflip and AT&T Suck | Facebook and tell AT&T/Motorola how you feel. "Like" the page, and demonstrate to AT&T they can not just turn their back on their customers.

Gingerbread and Tapatalk powered HTC Aria
    HTC Aria... rooted
    Clockwork recovery
    CYANOGEN 7 Gingerbread
    Overclocked to 805 MHz

Former phones...
    HTC G1... that I have since rooted and gave to brother.
    Motorola Backflip... many calls and replacements till they gave me the Aria
    IPhone 3g... enough said

Member wikidcerealkilla_attdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonklan View Post
    :mad: Well, I thoiught after going through 3 backflips in 4 month (last one lasted 2 weeks) I would switch to a different phone. Not the case. Found out there is nothing equal to the backflip that AT&T will authorize switching to. I even offered to pay the difference to upgrade. They offered me any phone at full price if I didn't want the back flip.
    The phones they did offer are the discontinued models of cheaper phones. Nothing equal to or better than the back flip.:mad:

I got 3 replacents for my backflip and they traded it out for my HTC aria... GREAT phone

SO, :confused: I'll take my chances with a 4th backflip. Maybe by the time my 1 year warrenty expires I might have a phone that works as advertised.
    I do have to say one thing for them though. They do ship the replacements out fast. Got this one 24 hours after hanging up the phone.

With support like this though and the poor support I've been getting I'll be switching carriers when this plan expires (after 8 1/2 years with AT&T/Cingular).:confused:

Gingerbread and Tapatalk powered HTC Aria
    HTC Aria... rooted
    Clockwork recovery
    CYANOGEN 7 Gingerbread
    Overclocked to 805 MHz

Former phones...
    HTC G1... that I have since rooted and gave to brother.
    Motorola Backflip... many calls and replacements till they gave me the Aria
    IPhone 3g... enough said

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Actually, I intend to do exactly the opposite. I don't see the fact that my advice that people let AT&T know how they feel in order to get a potential remedy to this issue is any different that people who post and say "try a factory reset", and you will find that advice in thousands of different posts here.

As you can see by nelsonkaln's post, he is equally frustrated. He has been an AT&T customer for 8.5 years and is considering leaving over this issue. I have also been an AT&T customer for a long time (almost 8 years), and I currently have an iPhone contract, and Backflip contract as well as uVerse for TV, phone and internet. I have probably paid AT&T between $15,000 - $20,000 over the last 8 years, and with my current contracts would pay them closer to to $30,000 over the ext 8 years.

I am just asking AT&T to consider allowing their loyal customers that have purchased this phone to get an exception upgrade allowing them to get a new phone at a "new customer" price. This seems incredibly reasonable to me given that I am personally convinced that this phone is faulty based on the 3 I have had so far.
    nelsonklan's post was from last July. The Backflip is on a completely different OS version now, and I hardly think the issue is as bad as you're making it out to be. Sure, the Backflip is slow, but that's just it's hardware limitations. Buying a smartphone is like buying a computer... would you buy one blindly without looking to see it's specs?

Also, about the bolded statement. I simply asked that you stop posting the same thing across multiple threads. I have no problem with you stating your opinion, but the way your were posting looked like spam at first glance.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links