USB connection issues...

This is a discussion on USB connection issues... within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; I had my backflip connecting to my pc fine, then one day my pc just started giving me a messag a usb device has malfunctioned,blah, ...

Thread: USB connection issues...

USB connection issues...

I had my backflip connecting to my pc fine, then one day my pc just started giving me a messag a usb device has malfunctioned,blah, blah, blah. tried on my gfs laptop, same thing. Just got through formatting the sd card, factory reset the phone, uninstalled/reinstalled drivers, still error message on PC. Any help, suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I'm at my wits end, and just lost all my stuuf on my phone for nothing. Now I get to spend the next 2 days reinstalling all my apps, some which I can't because they were cmdlined on there. Somebody please help...

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by punkynoodle View Post
    I had my backflip connecting to my pc fine, then one day my pc just started giving me a messag a usb device has malfunctioned,blah, blah, blah. tried on my gfs laptop, same thing. Just got through formatting the sd card, factory reset the phone, uninstalled/reinstalled drivers, still error message on PC. Any help, suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I'm at my wits end, and just lost all my stuuf on my phone for nothing. Now I get to spend the next 2 days reinstalling all my apps, some which I can't because they were cmdlined on there. Somebody please help...
    Perhaps one of the USB pins is bent and your not getting a good connection. Take a look and see if you see any physical problems with the actual connector?

well, I tried another usb cable and it recognized the device, said it installed it and it was ready to use. But, when I disconnected it and reconnected it, same old error message on my pc. Guess its time for a trip to the store...

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by punkynoodle View Post
    well, I tried another usb cable and it recognized the device, said it installed it and it was ready to use. But, when I disconnected it and reconnected it, same old error message on my pc. Guess its time for a trip to the store...
    Make sure you "eject" it when you are ready to remove the device first.. sometimes just disconnecting it without ejecting the USB device properly can corrupt the data on the device.

OK, say i didn't "eject" it, how would i fix that problem?

Ok, I think I might have messed up when disconnectig it. But several factory resets later plus reformatting sd card and still that "unknown device" message from my pc. And got the 13.37 update ota from AT&T, so I guess I'm gonna have to give them back a fully updated phone and prolly have to reupdate the new one(When it comes available to me again) huh?

Ads