data usage with facebook, twitter, and gmail

This is a discussion on data usage with facebook, twitter, and gmail within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; If my gmail, fb, and twitter are synced, does my phone automatically fetch the data (such as updates, email messages, tweets, etc) regardless if the ...

Thread: data usage with facebook, twitter, and gmail

data usage with facebook, twitter, and gmail

If my gmail, fb, and twitter are synced, does my phone automatically fetch the data (such as updates, email messages, tweets, etc) regardless if the application is open or not?

is there a way to turn off edge or 3G manually so that i dont have data transferred when i am not using it?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yes, Motoblur will automatically fetch your social networking updates and email accounts which are setup. There are ways to disable cellular data, but why are you wanting to?

are there easy ways? the reason i want to is because i am limited to 200MB per month, so when i am at work, i dont want my phone to fetch this data since i am already at a computer. when i am away from my computer however, i do want it to fetch this data. maybe i should upgrade to the 2GB/month plan...

There are apps you can install from the market, such as APNdroid which allows you to disable your data. Used in conjunction with 3G Watchdog you can actually cause it to automatically disable your data when you reach your monthly quota.

I noticed that my data usage was 9.7MB when i sent the text to the AT&T data check text service. When i bought the phone, i synced my FB, twitter, and gmail accounts right when i got it (when i was in the parking lot of best buy, so i was on 3G). Do you think that initial import is what caused my data usage that first day to be so high?

It's possible. There's really no way of knowing other than to just keep an eye on your data usage for a month or two and see how it goes.

This is a common problem with these phones and AT&T, they reduce the minimum bandwidth package, yet it pulls more data than a standard android phone (both stock)... What I think would be useful is an APN scheduler where it will automatically enable/disable it at certain hours ... I've taken an entry-level java class, I could maybe do something like that, but I haven't worked with making apps for android yet.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links