Keyboard and Restarting

This is a discussion on Keyboard and Restarting within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; It's the loose battery thing. If you press even a little bit on the back of the keyboard while typing, then it will reboot....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keyboard and Restarting

It's the loose battery thing. If you press even a little bit on the back of the keyboard while typing, then it will reboot.
    Credit goes to for my avatar.

Lindale, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by Calendargirl View Post
    My Backflip is three months old. Starting at six weeks, it would occasionally reboot when I attempted to send a text using the flip out keyboard. Now it does it almost every time I try to text using that keyboard: I can type one or two characters, sometimes as many as six, then it turns itself off and on again, and the bright white Motorola screen presents itself. On rare occasions, but not always, if I press the "open conversation" bar first instead of responding to a text without doing so, I can avoid the rebooting. I visited AT&T today and since the phone is under warranty, I was able to order a replacement. Fingers crossed, but I would appreciate the on-going experience of others. Since there are other reports of this problem here, thought I would add my own. The AT&T store staff claimed that I was the first to complain. This forum and the information I read here assisted me in making my case, so many thanks!
    Your experience was exactly like mine, but as you've probably already read above, I did attempt to factory (default) reset procedure and it helped only a short time. Then it returned to the same thing, 1st or 2nd key stroke in text, and BOOM, lock up and go to the big white M....... my new one has worked fine so far, about 3 weeks. we'll see, I ain't happy with this phone so far but I'm giving it one more chance to perform.

Yes, thanks. Please keep us updated on how your new phone behaves and I will do the same.

As for the loose battery, when visiting AT&T to complain and ask for a replacement, they did remove my battery and put it back in. Since then, the rebooting has not occurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links