Keyboard and Restarting

This is a discussion on Keyboard and Restarting within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Since yesterday night, everytime I use the hard keyboard on my Backflip, it restarts. Does anyone else have this problem?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keyboard and Restarting

Keyboard and Restarting

Since yesterday night, everytime I use the hard keyboard on my Backflip, it restarts. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Is this the possible loose battery that others have discussed?

I have a slip of paper inside to stop that so I don't think that's the problem though it might be.

Edit: I took the paper out and now I can use the keyboard again. I hope it doesn't mean I will start suffering from random restarts again.

For me, it seemed to be more about what recent app did i install. ScoreMobile for Android made it reboot everytime i opened the hard keyboard or tried to use the browser or looked at the phone wrong. I removed it and really haven't had a problem. I'm thinking you're running something that doesn't quite like your phone.

I figured out that I was pressing the back of the battery and I guess that was restarting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Coolcool View Post
    I figured out that I was pressing the back of the battery and I guess that was restarting it.
    Sounds like you have the problem where the battery doesn't fit just right. Some have found that putting a small slip of paper in the battery compartment to fill the gap fixes that problem.

I had that problem, any time I flipped out the keyboard to text, mine would reboot. I called AT&T and they took me thru a complete "reset" (boo) and so we did that..... lasted about 2 weeks and it's doing it again. They're going to replace mine since we can't seem to stop the rebooting, ONLY when I'm attempting to use the keyboard.

mine does the same, any time i start typing on the actual flip out keyboard, it lets me write like half a text then reboots. it has happened about 6 times in the past few hours. not too happy about this.

Quote Originally Posted by g00dl4wrd View Post
    mine does the same, any time i start typing on the actual flip out keyboard, it lets me write like half a text then reboots. it has happened about 6 times in the past few hours. not too happy about this.

They did replace mine. I called them twice about the situation and the first time they did that whole "RESET" thing and then the 2nd time, I told them I wanted a new phone, they sent me one. So far this one has not done that thing.

My Backflip is three months old. Starting at six weeks, it would occasionally reboot when I attempted to send a text using the flip out keyboard. Now it does it almost every time I try to text using that keyboard: I can type one or two characters, sometimes as many as six, then it turns itself off and on again, and the bright white Motorola screen presents itself. On rare occasions, but not always, if I press the "open conversation" bar first instead of responding to a text without doing so, I can avoid the rebooting. I visited AT&T today and since the phone is under warranty, I was able to order a replacement. Fingers crossed, but I would appreciate the on-going experience of others. Since there are other reports of this problem here, thought I would add my own. The AT&T store staff claimed that I was the first to complain. This forum and the information I read here assisted me in making my case, so many thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links