Battery Issues unresolved

This is a discussion on Battery Issues unresolved within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; So, I just bought my phone a couple of days ago, and I charge it all night, and it only gives me about 7-8 hours ...

Thread: Battery Issues unresolved

Battery Issues unresolved

So, I just bought my phone a couple of days ago, and I charge it all night, and it only gives me about 7-8 hours of battery life with moderate use. I have done everything from killing apps, to turning off google syncing, and changing the battery settings. Would a factory reset help the battery at all? is there anything I can do? Also this phone has restarted about 3 times just beings in my pocket.

Any help?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I would check to see what version of firmware you have on the phone. Settings -> About Phone -> System Version

It should say Blur_Version.0.13.37.MB300.ATT.en.US

If it does not, scroll back up and click on System Updates and you should be able to receive an OTA upgrade to the current firmware.

Regarding the battery life, that sounds about right depending on how much you are using the phone and which apps you have running in the background. Also the thing with task killers is that if you don't configure them properly or know how to correctly use them, they can actually cause you to get worse battery life than better.

And frankly, I've done just fine w/o a Task Killer. Android kills them on its own well.

I saw that if you were to delete all the MotoBlur widgets from the Home Screen, that'd help ALOT with the battery, is this true?

I have all of the widgets on my screen except for Messages currently. I suppose it can improve battery life if you remove them as they do poll your social networks checking for updates and such.

arggh! it doesn't seem like it's doing anything! I just charged the phone, and it's down 6% in like 15min..

Not sure what to tell you that hasn't been suggested in the numerous threads on this topic already. I personally get through the day just fine, only charging it at night, and I use my phone a lot. I have six widgets running, Google Sync turned on, wifi and GPS always on (but never bluetooth), battery profile set to smart mode, and I only use a task killer after rebooting, which I only do once every few days. If I had the issues you're having, I would exchange my phone.

I'll probably see if they'll exchange my battery, cause idk if my phone is rele the problem? But here's a little good news. I drained the battery tillit completely died last night, and when I charged it, it actually charged to 100% where before it was only going to 95%. Maybe there's hope for this? hahaa I'll see what AT&T has to say about this, if anything, I'll just repeat the charge cycle one more night to see if I get any better battery life. Cause now, it's only draining 2% every 15-20min.

EDIT: Spoke to soon i guess.. it went 10% in less than an hour

You battery is good, lithium-ion Battery is common use in many areas.

if reflashing the phone doesnt help then there is a defect in your battery or in the phone somwhere

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links