Backflip not restoring....ugh

This is a discussion on Backflip not restoring....ugh within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; I have been having some rebooting and black screen issues with my backflip since the recent 13.37 update. I want to try doing a factory ...

Thread: Backflip not restoring....ugh

Unhappy Backflip not restoring....ugh

I have been having some rebooting and black screen issues with my backflip since the recent 13.37 update. I want to try doing a factory reset, but when following the instructions it says to release the camera button, then hold volume down and a selection screen will pop up. When I hold volume down, it says volume up key pressed and it just sits on a screen with a yellow exclamation point and does nothing. Anyone else have this problem?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

That hasn't happened to me.

If you tell one of the reps at an At&t that your phone messed up while you were updating it, they might give you another one.
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

What instructions are you following to do a factory reset? All you need to do is go into Settings -> SD Card & Storage -> Factory data reset

I was trying the hold power and camera button, the release camera and hold volume down. I lost my book and did a Google search for the reset.

i have had the same problem (im still researching how to fix my phone but heres my story) so like one day my phone works great no problems then i left it on for the night the battery dies, i plug the charger up (i get the usual status for charging) so then i turn it on and the phone hangs on the motorola boot screen. pull the batt. tried it like 4 times, then i try to reseat the simm card (no fix) the same with the memory card, so in an attempt to fix it (and from what i remebered reading) i pull and replace the batt. hold the pwr. and camera button to start the boot settings.

heres the funky thing if i press up for one setting it thinks i hit down so i hit up for down to do the restore process and i get a message that says *(this is not word for word but i will update this when i get the phone back from my buddies (cause i left it) ) recovery failed security lock and somethign about usb or sumthing (i dont think my battery was fully charged maybe thats why)
    any ways thought i might chime in here

im running
    the new update 13.xxxxxx (a few weeks ago)

(sry for the typing i tend to type messy on these)

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

thank you i seems i was using the wrong menu in the boot loader you select verbose boot and then wait for the phone and triangle , ...... as mentioned on the first link above thankyou

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links