Copy protected apps and Motorola

This is a discussion on Copy protected apps and Motorola within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Hello everyone, I've lurked here for some time and have found an issue that needs to be addressed. Apparently Motorola didn't register the Backflip correctly, ...

Thread: Copy protected apps and Motorola

Copy protected apps and Motorola

Hello everyone, I've lurked here for some time and have found an issue that needs to be addressed. Apparently Motorola didn't register the Backflip correctly, if at all, with Google, resulting in our inability to see apps that are "copy protected" by the devs. There are several apps that I KNOW run on 1.5, but I could never find....and that's why. What can be done about this? Could Motorola at least try to do SOMETHING right for us Backflip owners for once? I hate to say it but I am severely regretting purchasing this phone!

Anyway, not here to rant, just wanted to share this info and see if anyone has any idea what to do about it? Thanks!

btw, really enjoy the site here, glad to finally join the community proper!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The proper place to post something like this would be on the official Motorola Forums. There were some issues with the update to 13.35, but I believe the copy-protected apps should be available if you are running stock or 13.37. Which apps are you looking for in the Market which you aren't finding.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

hmmm, you may be right, I'm not positive on anything really as I'm pretty new to Android. Try finding Voice Chat Robot as one example, and I noticed cliq can't find it either....another moto. I'll try a few more things out, there's nothing deal-breaking app wise I can't find, just another small annoyance added to a list that keeps growing. I did notice a thread the other day where a guy claims he "can get root" on backflip and was supposed to get with people later this (last) week to do it, but so far nothing. There's hope I guess, no matter how dim it's getting.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

Quote Originally Posted by SiXes View Post
    hmmm, you may be right, I'm not positive on anything really as I'm pretty new to Android. Try finding Voice Chat Robot as one example, and I noticed cliq can't find it either....another moto. I'll try a few more things out, there's nothing deal-breaking app wise I can't find, just another small annoyance added to a list that keeps growing. I did notice a thread the other day where a guy claims he "can get root" on backflip and was supposed to get with people later this (last) week to do it, but so far nothing. There's hope I guess, no matter how dim it's getting.
    There is no root for the Backflip. It sounds like you are talking about a post on myjanky.com back in March. Some guy claiming he used "secret information" had rooted his Backflip. Now 4mo later still nothing.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    There is no root for the Backflip. It sounds like you are talking about a post on myjanky.com back in March. Some guy claiming he used "secret information" had rooted his Backflip. Now 4mo later still nothing.
    No, I'm familiar with what you are referencing, but this on is different. That's not to say it's legit mind you, it's just not the famous myjanky root shenanigans. I saw this one on XDA, and the guy has yet to respond last time I checked, but who knows? Maybe one day soon he'll have done it. I sure hope so. :D

Well and I having problems finding mVideoPlayer and TV.Com.... I reset my phone and I had them on there, now can't find them at all. Very annoying.. these were apps I used daily...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links