Turns on but won't start up

This is a discussion on Turns on but won't start up within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; So the other day some little drunk slut thought it would be a good idea to push me into a pool with my phone in ...

Thread: Turns on but won't start up

Turns on but won't start up

So the other day some little drunk slut thought it would be a good idea to push me into a pool with my phone in my pocket. I got the phone out of the water immediately and took it apart. As soon as I got home I put it in a bag of rice over night then took it out and let it sit under a hot lamp for like 8 hours. Knowing that my backflip was more than likely ruined I decided to see if I could get it to start up. I put it back together and hit the power button and to my surprise the white motorola screen popped on. The screen was on for a couple seconds and then the LCD just goes to black. Now I know the phone is still on because the three touch buttons on the bottom of the touch screen are lit up white and the top row of my keyboard is lit up as well. Also when I touch the touch buttons on the touch screen they vibrate like normal.

Now it seems like the phone turns on just the OS doesn't start up. Is it possible I just fried the OS? I found a backflip for parts on ebay that says its got heavy cosmetic damage and a non working battery I'm thinking about buy it and swapping the guts from the parts phone to the case of my water infested phone.

I know its really hard to come out on top when it comes to phones and water but do you guys think this might be beneficial for me to try?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sounds like some little drunk slut owes you a new phone.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links