Swype-Installer ROFLpwned my backflip.

This is a discussion on Swype-Installer ROFLpwned my backflip. within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; I have a rooted ATT backflip with the untrusted sources mod installed, I went to give it a whirl and the first thing to come ...

Thread: Swype-Installer ROFLpwned my backflip.

Swype-Installer ROFLpwned my backflip.

I have a rooted ATT backflip with the untrusted sources mod installed, I went to give it a whirl and the first thing to come to mind was SWYPE! I was excited at the thought that I might be able to use the official beta instead of the leaks/modified versions we have all seen floating around.

Everything was going smoothly, I downloaded the APK and opened up ES File Explorer to find the APK and launch it, the package installer came up and the whiny screen about untrusted sources was nowhere to be found. I was ecstatic and promptly mashed the install button.

Suddenly, BLAM, I am staring at the :motorola::blur: boot screen and my eyes filled with tears. I fell to the floor laughing so hard at this accomplishment I thought I would share with you all. Looks like there needs to be some adjustment to the swype installer before we all can use it.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have swype on my backflip, there is a certain build that will only work with the backflip....

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk

There shouldn't be anything with the installer that would break the phone. I've used the installer to install the official beta on my phone before it was rooted (it takes come crafty use of ADB to get around the non-market app issue), but it never caused my phone to reboot or anything. My phone isn't rooted so I can't try it now though.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

The installer (even with the Custom hack) TO MY KNOWLEDGE, still will not download and work...At least, That's what happened with my flip anyways...
    Ignorantia Juris Neminem Excusat! - Ignorance of the law excuses no one!

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel984 View Post
    The installer (even with the Custom hack) TO MY KNOWLEDGE, still will not download and work...At least, That's what happened with my flip anyways...
    See this post on how to install the Swype beta on the Backflip using the official installer. As I said above, it does take some crafty use of ADB, but it works. There is a slight error in the steps. On the step to pull the .apk from the Backflip at the end of the command you need to type a name for the pulled app. You can just reuse mypackage.apk or you can name it something more descriptive such as swype.apk.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links