HELP! Backflip

This is a discussion on HELP! Backflip within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; So this started about 2 weeks ago. First i can't send text messages at random times(when I have full 3g coverage) or I can't receive. ...

Thread: HELP! Backflip

HELP! Backflip

So this started about 2 weeks ago. First i can't send text messages at random times(when I have full 3g coverage) or I can't receive. or even Receive a phone call or anything. & now as of today I can't even get any signal while my boyfriend right next to me as the Captivate has full 3g bars & everything. & I'm to the point of where I'm just going to take my sim card & chunk it out the window. At first I was thought maybe something's happening with AT&T but since my bf was sitting right there & He had signal. It couldn't be. I've restarted the phone & took SIM card out & still nothing I go across the room I'll get a few seconds of signal then back to nothing.

Does anybody know what might be causing this? Is it just a faulty backflip? Is there any way of fixing it.

Note: I bought it over Ebay in sealed package & I just completely restarted the phone.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It's quite possible there may be something physically wrong with the phone. You may want to try taking it to your local ATT store and have them check it for you.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Perhaps the phone needs to be reflashed. Now that I know it can be done, and done simply, I would not hesitate to do it on a phone I got from eBay. Look for a thread titled "Restoring your phone back to OEM" (or similar). I've done it and it will restore your phone back to factory new...

Well why would it not get signal when I put my sim car in another phone thats perfectly fine? I would say that it was a crappy phone but just the fact that I did put my sim card in a completely different phone & still had the same problem..thats what i dont understand. I got a new sim card & we just activated it today. so i'm just waiting to see what happens. My other sim card was about 4 years old...it probably has some water damage from a previous phone. & its really worn & kinda bowed in a little..i'll just have to wait & see. so far its been working good. except for when I try to send long messages, but i've been told that most backflips have that problem.

If you have the same problem with your SIM in a different phone, then you are correct that it probably isn't the Backflip. It more than likely is an issue with the SIM.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links