Stuck in safe mode/can't get past motoblur set up

This is a discussion on Stuck in safe mode/can't get past motoblur set up within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Woke up to find phone in safe mode, not sure if water related but I'm sure its very likely. The phone was working while in ...

Thread: Stuck in safe mode/can't get past motoblur set up

Stuck in safe mode/can't get past motoblur set up

Woke up to find phone in safe mode, not sure if water related but I'm sure its very likely. The phone was working while in safe mode just certain buttons like "c" and "." weren't working. Did hard reset but it only made problems worse. It's still in safe mode and I can't get past the moto blur set up because I can't use all of my buttons and I have no option for on screen keyboard. Luckily I have a back up phone but does anyone know of any way around this? I did search the boards for the same issue but couldn't find one that was identical to mine.

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Why do you think this was caused by water damage? If you are correct about the water, the only thing you can really do would be to let it dry out and then give it a try. If that doesn't work (and it is in fact water damage as you said) you're probably going to be out of luck. You may be able to try and get the phone replaced under warranty, but if they catch that it was water, you'll be denied.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

I thought my water damage sticker had changed colors, but apparently it's supposed to be a line of red x's? My phone could have been exposed to water last night accidently by my girlfriend knocking over a cup but I don't think so on second thought.

You can try this which is a factory reset, but you say you did and it made things worse.

You say you just found your phone this way one morning. Had you changed/installed/removed anything prior to this happening? Also, you didn't say, have you rooted your phone? If so, have you removed anything?

Also you can usually hold down the "option" button to bring up the soft keyboard.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Thanks for your help. I hadn't changed anything at all on the phone within 3 days. I haven't rooted my phone. The option button for the soft keyboard isn't working either. I just spoke to Motorola and it should be covered under warranty. Hopefully.

how can i reset my phone its not getting pass the Motorola blur loading state

did you ever resolve your problem? My daughter's backflip is in safe mode with the "c" "h" and "." keys not working. Would love to know how you fixed yours! We are way out of warranty :/

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links