Backflip is resetting itself

This is a discussion on Backflip is resetting itself within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; My wife's Backflip phone periodically does this thing where it resets itself numerous times (turns itself on and off). It has the latest OS updates ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Backflip is resetting itself

Backflip is resetting itself

My wife's Backflip phone periodically does this thing where it resets itself numerous times (turns itself on and off). It has the latest OS updates installed and it doesn't matter what you you are doing (making a call, texting etc), it just does it. I remember a post stating that one should insert a piece of a business card behind the battery to stop this from happening. I did that and it still doesn't work properly. Does this mean that I should take the phone to the AT&T store to see if I can get her another phone? I bought my phone a week before she did and mine works great. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

for me it was all about the screen rotation.. did a hard flash/reset to 13.37 with rsdlite, did the new welcome on my fone with the keyboard open the whole time as opening the keyboard would cause a reset.. turned off the auto rotate in the system settings, rooted the fone, and removed the desktop/clock modem apk. Haven't had any problems since..

If you don't know how to do any of this you should have att replace your fone because you shouldn't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyPC View Post
    for me it was all about the screen rotation.. did a hard flash/reset to 13.37 with rsdlite, did the new welcome on my fone with the keyboard open the whole time as opening the keyboard would cause a reset.. turned off the auto rotate in the system settings, rooted the fone, and removed the desktop/clock modem apk. Haven't had any problems since..

If you don't know how to do any of this you should have att replace your fone because you shouldn't have to.
    so you're saying that the desktop clock was the cause?? if so what particular clock are you talking about? because im having the exact same problem too and its usually when i open the keyboard up and start typing.
    Want A Good Fight??
    [SIGPIC]http://i51.tinypic.com/dr334i.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/sketch2k278
    Like my GuileDroid? lol

removal of the tabletop.apk (i think, a weekends past so its fuzzy) cured my problems of fone reset after rsdlite firmware flashing (the firmware flash alone didn't seem to do it for me as my fone would reset during the welcome/setup process for the fone unless i had the keyboard already open, and even then for a short time).

so yeah, removed the tabletop.apk from the the system folder (maybe titanium helped if I didn't do it by hand) since my theory was the reset would somehow happen during the process of open the keyboard and triggering the tabletop mode in the opening process (you can cause the tabletop app to open if you open the keyboard slow enough, but I'm not sure of the precise sensor triggers required, if it has to be level, or just opened).

anyway, problem went away for me for a couple days to a week (i push my fone until it breaks every couple days to a week and start over. its fun for me, even if I haven't done anything too impressive with it yet).

stay away from apps that require root on screen-open such as setcpu and adjbrightness, there may be issues with them making requests for root/super user responding and granting privledges and the keyboard opening....

oh. hey, i got another idea for keyboard problems when i think about. I also use the htc keyboard from xda as well.. regardless if its the htc on screen keyboard or another, check and change settings relating to what those programs do when the hardware keyboard is out (there usually are settings relating to this)

theres my tips for the moment.

--

i might be motivated enough after my last resets to pay attention to my fones logs to narrow down the prob, but like i said, I've been installing alotta system and root related apps lately.

my reset problem definitely has to do with the battery backplate (read reference to this somewhere else). i can make my fone reset my tapping on the battery backplate.

i think i do have that adjbrightness on the phone so im going to look into it and thanks for the tips, if nothing really works i'll unroot my phone, then root it again but just be cautious to what i install on there
    Want A Good Fight??
    [SIGPIC]http://i51.tinypic.com/dr334i.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/sketch2k278
    Like my GuileDroid? lol

Solution to problem

I've tried a few things such as equipment resets, a little paper shim not only under the battery but also at the base of the battery but nothing worked. Final solution was to return the phone to the service center for another. Hope this one works better than the last one.

My wife never used a smart phone befor the Backflip but now you'd have to pry it from her cold dead ands to get her to part with it.

Thanks for the replys.

I sent mine back to att, before we had root, and got a new one. Haven't had problems till lately mine is doing this again as well. May send it back and try to get them to upgrade to atleast an aria, love to have a captivate though. Anyways i have also heard deleting the tabletop helps but mine happens randomly so i don't think it has much to do with it.

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk

Try slipping a thin piece of paper between the battery cover and the battery itself. See if that helps.
    Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Moto made a revision to the battery compartment where now the battery snaps in place, rather tightly too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links