Youtube Crashing

This is a discussion on Youtube Crashing within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Up until about a week ago my youtube app worked fine but now it wont open without force closing right away. I even just update ...

Thread: Youtube Crashing

Youtube Crashing

Up until about a week ago my youtube app worked fine but now it wont open without force closing right away. I even just update from preclair 1.0 to 1.2 and that didn't fix it. Help??

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have a similar problem. My Youtube forcecloses after about 10 mins I cannot watch any recent(last few weeks) youtube videos on my phone. I always get an error for some reason. Youtube is practically useless now. and I am using Preclair v1.2 also but it has been doing this since v1.0.2
    [\Marvin the Martian/]:blur:

I was having the same problem after updating from preclair 1.1 to 1.2, but it's seems to be working fine after some tweaks. Logcat points to a permissions issue with the youtube settings folder in /data, so...

The first thing I did was delete my youtube settings. It doesn't seem to show up under manage applications, so I had to open up root explorer and delete it manually. The folder is something like /data/data/com.google.android.youtube, but I don't remember for sure.

After that, I cleared the dalvik cache, using the option in gscript mod.

Of course, you'll have to reboot before either of these will take effect (gscript reboots automatically.) I'm not sure if both parts are necessary, but that's what did it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Marx View Post
    I was having the same problem after updating from preclair 1.1 to 1.2, but it's seems to be working fine after some tweaks. Logcat points to a permissions issue with the youtube settings folder in /data, so...

The first thing I did was delete my youtube settings. It doesn't seem to show up under manage applications, so I had to open up root explorer and delete it manually. The folder is something like /data/data/com.google.android.youtube, but I don't remember for sure.

After that, I cleared the dalvik cache, using the option in gscript mod.

Of course, you'll have to reboot before either of these will take effect (gscript reboots automatically.) I'm not sure if both parts are necessary, but that's what did it for me.
    If I delete the Dalvik cache will this delete the settings for all of my apps?
    [\Marvin the Martian/]:blur:

Quote Originally Posted by dtowngangsta View Post
    If I delete the Dalvik cache will this delete the settings for all of my apps?
    No. The Dalvik cache is just a cache to allow apps to load faster. It will cause your phone to take several minutes to boot up for the first time after cleared, while the cache is being rebuilt.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

All I needed to do was delete the settings. Now it works great. Thanks

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links