Phone Crashed after 2.1 was running

This is a discussion on Phone Crashed after 2.1 was running within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; So i've been running 2.1 for approximately a week with all kinds of tech issues which I figured would work themselves out. Today while I ...

Thread: Phone Crashed after 2.1 was running

Angry Phone Crashed after 2.1 was running

So i've been running 2.1 for approximately a week with all kinds of tech issues which I figured would work themselves out. Today while I have been at work my phone's 3G stopped working, as I've seen this happen before I just reset the phone expecting that to solve the problem. When the phone came back online nothing was accessible except for the task manager that i had installed. when i press the home button nothing happens. If i press it twice the browser comes up.

It seems that the Home program is malfunctioning. As i'm not currently next to a computer that i can use a USB on to look at the files is there anything that anyone can think of doing that doesn't involve jacking in? So far i've reset the phone several times taken out the batter taken out the sim and the SD and rebooted, nothing.

I don't know if there is a connection to this as well but i cannot get airplane mode to disengage.

Help. Please.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Boot into recovery by holding down the camera button while pressing the power button. When recovery comes up, try clearing the Dalvik cache, or you said you've tried to reset.. was that just a temp reset or full factory reset?

I have only tried a temp reset not a full factory reset.
    When i tried entering recovery mode it just came up with a phone and warning icon. One of those exclamation marks in a triangle.

That is the stock recovery. What are you calling a "temp" reset?
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Whatever it means to turn the phone off and back on. That's what I did, call it what you like.

I call that rebooting the phone. Anyway, if you are able to get into Settings see if you can perform a factory reset.

Can i get into the settings while basically being trapped in the task manager? All i can figure out how to get into is the task manager settings because I cannot get to the home screen. Is there another way of getting into the settings other than that?

Not really. You can try to follow the steps here though, Backflip Info Site > TipsTricks / Hardware Factory Reset - Motorola Backflip

Thanks so much. That did the trick!

Glad it worked for you.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links