Contacts showing up as "Unknown"

This is a discussion on Contacts showing up as "Unknown" within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Just recently, my Backflip started showing my contacts as "Unknown" in the contact list. The numbers are still stored, but their names aren't showing and ...

Thread: Contacts showing up as "Unknown"

Contacts showing up as "Unknown"

Just recently, my Backflip started showing my contacts as "Unknown" in the contact list. The numbers are still stored, but their names aren't showing and I don't want to go through each number and figure out who it belonged to. Somehow, only a few of my contacts were able to retain the contact name and other information related to their contact info. Likewise, some contacts display their email address in the contacts list when it should be displaying the contact's name.

When I receive a text or a call, some people's names are displayed while others either just show the phone # or an email address.

I have a feeling it is something to do with MotoBlur because when I try to view specific contact groups, the MotoBlur Address Book that used to show up isn't there anymore. All I have now is All contacts, Service Dialing Numbers, Favorites, and Contacts

Anyone know what's up?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Just realized I am having the same issue. I would guess it's a problem with motoblur, which means we can't do anything about it.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Just realized I am having the same issue. I would guess it's a problem with motoblur, which means we can't do anything about it.
    I bet it is Motoblur. Try backing up to Google's servers, and having it sync to Google's servers only. But would that break Blur?

I can't tell you how many times I've flashed my phone in the past few days, and every time I sign into the market, my entire contact list gets pulled down from Google in about 2 minutes. Even contact pictures.

The settings that control all that are in Settings-->Accounts and Sync

How does one move contacts from MotoBlur to Google? Something is broke in Moto's 2.1 and even with Google checked for new contacts they only go to MotoBlur... 1.5 worked just fine and new contacts went to both accounts.

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk

What's weird is that my Moto Blur account shows up in the account settings, but it just doesn't seem to be pulling contacts from that account.

Also a lot of my contacts who are linked to Facebook profiles aren't displaying their FB profile photo like it used to.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links