Problem retrieving contacts, making and receiving calls and opening messages at time

This is a discussion on Problem retrieving contacts, making and receiving calls and opening messages at time within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; I am having Problems retrieving contacts, making and receiving calls and opening messages at times. Has anyone experienced this or have any solutions....

Thread: Problem retrieving contacts, making and receiving calls and opening messages at time

Problem retrieving contacts, making and receiving calls and opening messages at time

I am having Problems retrieving contacts, making and receiving calls and opening messages at times. Has anyone experienced this or have any solutions.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Everything is working fine for me. Have you rooted your phone? What ROM are you running? Please give more information and we can try and assist you.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

I'm having similar problems

I'm so frustrated that I could throw this phone out the window and I'm sure my life would improve. I've upgraded my OS to Android 2.1, I have not rooted my phone and I'd rather not risk it.

My Backflip has lately been failing as a phone. It doesn't have issues with apps like gmail/gtalk/etc. It's slow, but it still works, the problem is ANY time I try to access the motoblur contact list. My phone locks up every time I try to use it (well let me be fair, 95% of the time).

The only way I can call out to anyone is to go through my recent call list and call from there, even then its glitchy. The texting, however, is even worse. I simply can't open a text conversation for the life of me. I'll pull up my text messaging screen and it'll instantly lock up about half the time. Sometimes I'll be able to click on a conversation before it freezes, but it won't go farther than that. This a growing problem and I've been trying to text a friend of mine all weekend (to no avail). I'm at a near breaking point with this phone and I'm not eligible for an upgrade until January.

Now the one glitch is that I can open a text from my notification bar and text from there. In the past, when its gotten this bad, I restored factory settings, but that's no longer an option. I'm sure that deleting the old conversations would also speed this up, but if I can't open a conversation, I can't delete it.

If anyone has any useful advice, I implore you, give me a way to fix this phone before I lose my mind. If a phone fails to function as a phone, then what's the point?

Mine phone is having similar problems and I also want to throw it across the room.

My backflip is doing the same thing. Is there a fix?I'm ready to go iPhone!

I am also having the same problem. Screen goes black when I try to place a call, my incoming sometimes go to voicemail or just ring but my phone doesn't ring to let me know I have a call coming in. Half the time my contacts are missing then they return...then gone again. Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet??

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links