Not Receiving Text Messages

This is a discussion on Not Receiving Text Messages within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Just around two days ago i started not receiving text messages from anyone, not from AT&T users, non AT&T users, anyone. I'm able to call, ...

Thread: Not Receiving Text Messages

Junior Member Natural Born Farmer's Avatar

Not Receiving Text Messages

Just around two days ago i started not receiving text messages from anyone, not from AT&T users, non AT&T users, anyone. I'm able to call, receive calls, use the internet and everything else.

I have restarted my phone, taken out the battery and sim card, no luck. Help please?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I know this is just a LITTLE late, but when I used to have a backflip, the same thing happened to me and my boyfriend (who had a backflip also). I searched to see if anyone else was having this problem and never came across your thread until now when I don't even have the phone anymore. -.- When one of phones was doing this, we got around it by using IM or we also found out that the phone that was messing up could still receive MMS texts. We also found out it lasts exactly three days. It was so weird. The only solution I could find was to restart it completely and start over and sometimes that didn't even work. :/

Same Problem

This reply is even later than the other, but I am running into this problem increasingly more. The first time it happened was over a year ago, and now it has happened twice within the same week. The 3 day thing is good to know though. The best way of fixing it ive found so far, is (if you have ATT) to take out your SIM card and put it into another ATT phone, all your backed up messages will then come rushing in and you can read/reply on this secondary phone. After that you put your card back into your backflip and it works just fine. I don't know how or why that fixes it, but its fixed it every time for me. I feel like it gets overwhelmed with messages and just stops accepting them. Hope that helps!

UPDATE: I just read on the ATT website, that they delete all unreceived text messages after 72 hours, that is why the problem lasts for 3 days. The line of waiting texts is cleared after 3 days and our wimpy little backflips can breathe again. lol
    Last edited by juucobb; 08-26-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links