My backflip is bricked

This is a discussion on My backflip is bricked within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Hi all. I have a backflip that has turned into an expensive paperweight. i uninstalled google talk and did a factory reset, but i had ...

Thread: My backflip is bricked

Unhappy My backflip is bricked

Hi all. I have a backflip that has turned into an expensive paperweight. i uninstalled google talk and did a factory reset, but i had never backed up my phone or anything along those lines. i was wondering if anyone on here could tell me how to flash the stock rom back on my backflip that includes all of the applications and settings that it had when it came out of the box. i also own a samsung captivate and there is a program called odin that i used to flash roms to it, but i have no idea how to do so on my backflip.

much appreciated

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Follow the steps here.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

I just signed up to post how I fixed this issue since I did the same thing. I deleted / uninstalled Google Talk on my Backflip and I got error messages and couldn't download anything from the market. It would get stuck on "starting download" but wouldn't actually do it. Luckily, the fix is relatively simple. here's the steps:

Download and install Droid Explorer on your PC Droid Explorer - Download: Droid Explorer Beta

Next download the 2.1 update package using the "preferred method" and save it Backflip Software Update Page - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

Now unzip it and open system -> app then copy and paste the following files to your desktop

Make sure debugging is turned ON in your phone Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging -> check on

Now open up Droid Explorer, then plug in your phone via the USB and hit the refresh button in DE. It will show some other phone that isn't the Backflip, but it's fine just open it up. In DE, go to Tools -> Manage Packages -> Install Package go to your desktop, select one of the four and install it. Repeat for the other 3 files. restart your phone and you're done.

That fixed all my problems.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links