Don't want to root!

This is a discussion on Don't want to root! within the Motorola Backflip Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Hi All Listen I'm just a simple user who's fallen in love with the Android OS. I have a backflip and I'm due to get ...

Thread: Don't want to root!

Don't want to root!

Hi All
    Listen I'm just a simple user who's fallen in love with the Android OS. I have a backflip and I'm due to get a newer device in June 2011. My backflip now runs 2.1. I have no desire to root my phone since I do have insurance and can't afford to possibly brick my phone. I need to know the following:
    1. Will 2.2 allow me to save and run apps from my SD card? My main issue right now is internal space. I need more of it.
    2. Is it possible to save and run apps now with my backflip running 2.1, WITHOUT rooting my phone?
    3. How many times can I update the OS if I don't root the phone? How many times can I update the OS if I do root the phone? 2.2 is standard now, but Android 3 will be out soon. I just want to know how often and viable it is to update the phone OS without rooting.
    Thanks for you answers and your time!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'll make it easy for you. If you don't wish to root your phone, don't bother asking. In order to install any custom ROMs or to use any mods which would allow you to install your apps to your sdcard (this would require a custom ROM or at least a different kernel), will all require that you have rooted your phone.

I think it's very safe to say that all official development and upgrades for the Backflip have ceased. I will be extremely surprised if there are any additional updates to the phone from ATT or Motorola.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links